By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Pre season friendlies

Din

Din

That Idah finish is a thing of beauty, I know it's pre-season but I would love to see him start the season as our first choice striker. With a run of games I really think he could show himself to be something special.

N

Number 9

That Idah finish is a thing of beauty, I know it's pre-season but I would love to see him start the season as our first choice striker. With a run of games I really think he could show himself to be something special.
The caveat is that it was, again, lower League opponents.
However, it's compelling how much energy and drive he has when he comes on.

Reactions: Din
morty

morty

Staff member
For info, that link I posted to the game against Dresden tomorrow, it is 4pm German time, so 3pm proper British time.

morty

morty

Staff member
I’ve got YouTube on my telly which is nice :)
Ditto :)

20200826_145626.jpg

N

Number 9

Two well taken goals.
Dresden have just been relegated from the second league to the third league.
The German second League is unlikely to be as strong as the Championship.

morty

morty

Staff member
He took it well, there was no doubt that he would score from there.
I don't think I will take very much from this friendly though, the single camera, and the angle of it, made it really hard to properly make judgements on the game. And they weren't the best either. But I do feel we have got a lot more options this season, than last.

We still need a keeper and a centre back though.

N

Number 9

I don't think I will take very much from this friendly though, the single camera, and the angle of it, made it really hard to properly make judgements on the game. And they weren't the best either. But I do feel we have got a lot more options this season, than last.

We still need a keeper and a centre back though.
Jacob was thrown about like a rag doll.
Didn't look strong enough.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

It’s just one match on a poor pitch, but from what I saw I thought Dowell looks like he’s going to be a real influence. Left back will be interesting on the basis Lewis leaves as Buble looks more comfortable on the ball but Mcullum is more of a unit. Josh Martin looked like he was trying to impress, I wonder if he’s touch and go regarding being in the squad and going out on loan. I think he’s worth keeping here personally as I think he has a part to play against the more footballing sides. Overall, the squad is currently a bit too big so expect a couple to leave now, I’m thinking Lewis and Cantwell.

N

Number 9

It’s just one match on a poor pitch, but from what I saw I thought Dowell looks like he’s going to be a real influence. Left back will be interesting on the basis Lewis leaves as Buble looks more comfortable on the ball but Mcullum is more of a unit. Josh Martin looked like he was trying to impress, I wonder if he’s touch and go regarding being in the squad and going out on loan. I think he’s worth keeping here personally as I think he has a part to play against the more footballing sides. Overall, the squad is currently a bit too big so expect a couple to leave now, I’m thinking Lewis and Cantwell.
Dowell seems positive to me.
Left back surely is Buble's unless he scores several own goals.
Mccullum very inexperienced, a long way to go yet for him.
Bit annoyed when Polish Pete tried to shoot with the wrong foot. If he's so left footed, then stay on the left!
Sinani put a good ball through to Hugill for the goal. Hugill made space, showed good touch and looked confident enough.

As Farke said, it's a team from the third tier, not to go overboard.