By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Pre season friendlies.

G

gerryinromania

I want, I want, but not possible stuck out here with all the china plague restrictions everywhere

morty

morty

Staff member
ssd.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
Haha, I'll play hard to get, then about 20 minutes before kick off will go "Sod it" and buy it!

morty

morty

Staff member
Aye, it isn't ideal. Hopefully they can re-schedule something. And also, selfishly Tuesday at Carrow Rd is okay, as I have tickets!

N

Number 9

Oh, several first team players missing tonight.
Pukki, Rashica, Hanley etc

N

Number 9

I'm not sure why it was a League One side last night, when we would have played a Championship (just relegated from the Prem) side on Saturday against Sheff Utd.
Seems strange, now we have NUFC, if we have any players.

morty

morty

Staff member
Firstly, absolutely amazing to be back, and will admit to having a real lump in the throat hearing the Barclay singing "On the ball City" again.

And, of course everything must be tempered with the fact it was only Gillingham reserves, but I really liked what I saw. We have obviously been working on moving the ball quicker, the tempo seemed a lot higher than last season. Gilmour started initially playing quite deep, but looked very composed and seems one of those players who is always looking for the ball, always wants to be involved. Lees - Melou, I really liked the look of, seems to have a bit of everything, a powerful box to box midfielder, strong in the tackle, full of energy, loves a shot, and very much seems on the same wavelength with the likes of Cantwell, seems very technical. I think he could be a real favourite this season, and looks like a fantastic addition.

Cantwell was fantastic, maybe he has stepped out of Emi's shadow a bit, maybe Farke has told him "You're my man this season" but he was involved in absolutely everything, including an absolutely filthy assist! Omabamidele looked very assured and I would say he will be involved this season. Giannoulis was incredible, I had forgotten just how good he was, Max seemed a bit quiet, most of our attacking came down the left. Rupp fitted in well with the midfield trio, Dowell was tidy without being brilliant, I want to see more threat on goal from him as a number 10.

Sorenson came on and actually looked really good, but he needs to nail down a favoured position, it is good for the team that he is flexible, but not good for him.

Young centre back came on towards the end, Tomkinson (?) where we switched to 3 at the back (with Zimbo, looked adequate) and I think we may have even be playing a diamond at some point!

There was no Pukki, Placheta, Hernandez, Rashica or Hanley. I think we are still a few players short, but overall, obviously minus Emi, we look to maybe have enough. I do have concerns over Idah, I still think he could do with a Championship loan where he gets more gametime, but that is up to Farke I guess.

20210803_212600.jpg

20210803_210850.jpg

20210803_200808.jpg