By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Premier League Discussion

dj161

dj161

I feel that we need somewhere here to discuss other things football related (particuarly the league we'll hopefully be playing in next season) so why not discuss the current goings on in the premiership

Who's going to win the league?

Who's going down?

Brendan Rodgers set to leave Scottish Champions elect Celtic for mid-table Leicester

Kepa vs Sarri (I know this was a cup game not premiership)

Man Utd resurgence, should Ole get the job?

whatever else is happening that you want to voice an opinion on

lets get the forum more active than purely just Norwich as it's quiet here up until the day before a game until the day after

Last edited:
dj161

dj161

and to answer my own questions

Man City win the league

Fulham and Huddersfield are done, I'm going to say Cardiff join them

Big move but the right move for BR, achieved all he ever could at Celtic, and with the finances Leicester can offer him in regards to recruiting its a no-brainer to come back to the big league and have another crack at it, winning a cup or a top seven finish with Leicester is more impressive than winning a league title with Celtic

Sarri completely in the right to be livid with Kepa, he's the boss and if your number comes up you come off, all of it could of be dealt with though if Kepa would of just gone over to the touchline and spoke to his manager

Ole 100% should get the job, done an amazing job to turn them around though I imagine a lot of it is the players being able to play with some freedom and attacking impetus and not just having to try and nick 1-0 wins and hold on under Mourinho's anti-football agenda

Cardiff vs Everton
Huddersfield vs Wolves
Leicester vs Brighton
Newcastle vs Burnley

all tonight, I'm going to with Everton, Wolves, Leiceseter and a Draw

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I can’t stand Brendan Rogers, he comes across in an “ it’s all about me “ sort of way.
Fulham are a perfect example of why we shouldn’t spend too big and let our current squad have a go on the prem, if we get there of course :)

dj161

dj161

I don't want us to go crazy in the transfer market should we get there, all the lads deserve the chance to play at the highest level as they'd be the ones that earned it, though we would need a few people brought in, I'd be hopeful we can bring in some English trained talent as that is what we're lacking right now in terms of squad registration and it may be tough to name a squad if we keep signing foreigners

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I don't want us to go crazy in the transfer market should we get there, all the lads deserve the chance to play at the highest level as they'd be the ones that earned it, though we would need a few people brought in, I'd be hopeful we can bring in some English trained talent as that is what we're lacking right now in terms of squad registration and it may be tough to name a squad if we keep signing foreigners
Are the rules the same in the prem ?

N

Number 9

Sarri completely in the right to be livid with Kepa, he's the boss and if your number comes up you come off, all of it could of be dealt with though if Kepa would of just gone over to the touchline and spoke to his manager

Managers fault, surely. He's created an environment where the player can choose to ignore him on subs. Why didn't the captain step in?
What was Luis? Whispering, didn't encourage the player to go off the pitch.
Can't imagine the players doing that if fergie was in charge.

dj161

dj161

Just read up on it and it appears that you must have at least 8 home grown players in your 25 man squad, I struggled to find anything about a match-day 18 though, so maybe you don't need to have as many home grown players in your match squad as in the championship which is a bit odd to be honest

dj161

dj161

Managers fault, surely. He's created an environment where the player can choose to ignore him on subs. Why didn't the captain step in?
What was Luis? Whispering, didn't encourage the player to go off the pitch.
Can't imagine the players doing that if fergie was in charge.

Chelsea in general are in turmoil, they have an owner not allowed in the country, a transfer ban, and a squad that has no respect for the manager, not to mention the fact that their best player is likely going to Real Madrid, but with the transfer ban they have the choice of selling him for £100 in the summer and not being able to replace him, or making him stay and have him leave on a free transfer in the summer 2020 window

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Not Premier League, but I'm a huge QPR fan for the day :D

Unfortunately QPR are in terrible form... at least 5 defeats in a row, possibly more but can't be bothered to check.

Forgot we were only top because of their game in hand :confused:

dj161

dj161

QPR have only picked up 5 points from their last 10 games, having lost their last seven in the league, so not ideal form, but my gut says they;ll get a point tonight, well I think it's my gut, could be my lunacy

N

Number 9

Not Premier League, but I'm a huge QPR fan for the day :D

Unfortunately QPR are in terrible form... at least 5 defeats in a row, possibly more but can't be bothered to check.

Forgot we were only top because of their game in hand :confused:
Leeds record against the Rs ain't too good though, 0-0 halftime

dj161

dj161

Birmingham 2-0 up at Bristol now, though I feel those two are more likely competing for the 5th and 6th places than challenging the top four

dj161

dj161

1-0 to QPR get in

maybe I should rename this the general football discussion rather than just prem

N

Number 9

1-0 to QPR get in

maybe I should rename this the general football discussion rather than just prem
:p I suspect that the rest of the season will have lots of nights like this, remember Leeds got a goal with the last kick of the game last time out

N

Number 9

My word, Leeds United should be on level terms but somehow QPR manage to keep the ball out!
It's like a pinball table in the hosts' box as Marcelo Bielsa's side have chance after chance from Patrick Bamford and Stuart Dallas with keeper Joe Lumley putting in a stunning succession of saves to keep it 1-0 to QPR

Come on Rs

dj161

dj161

na na na na na na na na Leeds'll fuck it up fuck it up Leeds'll fuck it up!!!!!