By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Premier League Discussion

N

Number 9

Portsmouth's game against Bradford was stopped by the ref for a while because of a drone circling around the stadium.

dj161

dj161

Not Premier League related but there was an attempted murder on Edin Dzeko last night

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

That’s ridiculous, did the ref book Dzeko ?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Man Utd penalty, nice to see var is working well :rolleyes:

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’ve just watched Cardiff v Chelsea, a prime example that when you play a top six side you also have to play the ref

dj161

dj161

I see people calling for VAR due to the dodgy offside decisions but things like that you shouldn't even need a VAR for, you just need to get competent officials, VAR is there to help them get the difficult decisions right, that was not a difficult decision to get right

dj161

dj161

Chris Hughton sacked by Brighton, it's quite funny reading messages of fans from other football teams condemning the decision, yet Brighton fans seem to be saying he'd taken us as far as he could, the football was dire and they'd only won 3 of there last 23 games, and stayed up purely because Huddersfield and Fulham were terrible and Cardiff were poor and had to deal with the Sala situation

it's all very reminiscent of his time here, when we were condemned for sacking him as he seems like a lovely bloke

how dare football fans and owners want to be able to dream of not being in a relegation battle every season and look to progress

N

Number 9

Chris Hughton sacked by Brighton, it's quite funny reading messages of fans from other football teams condemning the decision, yet Brighton fans seem to be saying he'd taken us as far as he could, the football was dire and they'd only won 3 of there last 23 games, and stayed up purely because Huddersfield and Fulham were terrible and Cardiff were poor and had to deal with the Sala situation

it's all very reminiscent of his time here, when we were condemned for sacking him as he seems like a lovely bloke

how dare football fans and owners want to be able to dream of not being in a relegation battle every season and look to progress
Standard fare for Chris, most managers have predictable spells, Mourinho has a set pattern as to what's likely to happen as an example.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Hughton did a great job there though, all things considered. They need to get the next appointment very right. Think they have made the right decision though, they need to replace 35 year old Glenn Murray... Who would trust Hughton to spend £15m on the right striker and then get that striker scoring? We got 8 goals out of the 3 strikers he signed in his second season.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I hope they get the decision wrong, but Allardyce would probably be a smart move for a club like that?

dj161

dj161

Skybet have Swansea manager Graham Potter as clear favourite for the job

as for Allardyce I don't think that'd be the right move, sure he'd more than likely keep them up, but they are at a stage now where they likely want more than that, that's not to say they're thinking of challenging for europe or anything, but 8th-15th is wide open, you don't have to be challenging for europe or be in a relegation battle there is a middle ground, that's the next step for them, become like Stoke were for a long time, a solid mid table side that you don't really consider for relegation

incidentally Hughton spent £65m this season, and they stayed up by two points, and ended up two places lower and four points worse off than the previous season, not exactly moving forwards under him

N

Number 9

Squires latest takes on MCFC v LFC
Hilarious, this is one of the funnies

N

Number 9

I see Vincent Kompany has elected to leave Man City rather than face Buendia and Pukki next season....
He still wants to play somewhere and from what I've seen and heard he's a pretty good bloke.
Would be v happy for him to be here.
Obv wouldn't play 38 games but for him to help coaching and playing occasionally, he doesn't need the big money but not sure if he'd consider our budget or project

OldRobert

OldRobert

That would be a scoop and a half. The scum would love that!:cool: