Right then, who should we sign?

ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
Anybody throw any like on some potential dutch leads?

Steven Berghuis - wide player, Eric Botteghin,  CB or Micheal Kramer  - Striker?     The CB in particular has impressed.
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
Anybody throw any like on some potential dutch leads?

Steven Berghuis - wide player, Eric Botteghin,  CB or Micheal Kramer  - Striker?     The CB in particular has impressed.
Steven Berghuis could be a useful player as he can play on either wing or even as a number 10. Hasn't really proved himself considtently yet.

Not sure about Eric Botteghin. Brazillian CB with a decent record at 27. Bit of a gamble.

Don't know Kramer.
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
What are peoples thoughts on Matt Jarvis as a left flank option?  29,  proven prem level,   hard worker and probably not too expensive (although not sure what his wages are)
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
What are peoples thoughts on Matt Jarvis as a left flank option?  29,  proven prem level,   hard worker and probably not too expensive (although not sure what his wages are)

I think he's a good player. But I wouldnt want to pay what someone else would want for him
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
not sure what his fee would be (and agree I wouldnt want to pay too much - c£4m would be great value I think?) but I seem to recall him wanting to leave the sham in Jan so may be available.

Good players are what we need :)
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
The more I have a looked at Bas Dost at Wolfsburg this week (off ill) the more he seems an option.   

May be available as he thinks he is being pushed out after getting wolfsburg into 2nd into the bundesliga. Mid table prem teams are tracking (Swansea,  Toon, Stoke) for a c£8m move - so would be a hefty investment but not impossible

Did well at Heerenveen too so may be an option unless dutch strikers linked to wolves have become vampirric anathemas to us? 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
Wilson Palacios, Jonas Gutierrez, Brede Hangeland, Carlton Cole, Wes Brown, Didier Drogba, Youssouf Mulumbu, Glen Johnson, Ron Vlaar, Joey Barton, Darren Bent, John Guidetti, Luke Garbutt, Gael Kakuta, Esteban Cambiasso, Micah Richards

All of these are available on a free transfer this summer, obviously some of these are out of our wage range, Barton and Drobga, but some decent options in there, Luke Garbutt from Everton could be a good option for a second choice left back, and Micah Richards at right back, but his wages would likely be an issue too, I've always liked Brede Hangeland and I think he could be a decent shout
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
Why would Garbutt leave being 2nd choice at Everton to being 2nd choice here?

Unless we paid him more, of course.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Wilson Palacios, Jonas Gutierrez, Brede Hangeland, Carlton Cole, Wes Brown, Didier Drogba, Youssouf Mulumbu, Glen Johnson, Ron Vlaar, Joey Barton, Darren Bent, John Guidetti, Luke Garbutt, Gael Kakuta, Esteban Cambiasso, Micah Richards

All of these are available on a free transfer this summer, obviously some of these are out of our wage range, Barton and Drobga, but some decent options in there, Luke Garbutt from Everton could be a good option for a second choice left back, and Micah Richards at right back, but his wages would likely be an issue too, I've always liked Brede Hangeland and I think he could be a decent shout
Have to say theres not much on that list that inspires me.
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
Brede Hangeland would have been good 4 years ago, I really would not like us to be signing anyone on that list. I like Richards but his wages would be astronomical. We do need to improve at RB though.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Micah Richards' injury record isn't particularly great but he's English and only 26, somebody will offer more than we could. Shame as he could potentially be a monster.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
Anyone else seen today's random internet rumour is Matthew Lowton?  I think he's a decent player to be honest, but it's slightly worrying he's been Villa's 3rd choice RB for about a year now. Never a good sign when one of the manager's own signings falls behind the players already there in the pecking order.  I wouldn't mind him purely as a back up to Whittaker if we can get him on the cheap. 
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
£3m quoted wasnt it?   Not convinced but there not many who are good..
 
R

redders

New Member
would like us to look at nedum onuoha, has always looked solid when i have seen him play and can play cb, lb and rb
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Would like Garbutt as a second choice left back, but as GJP said he's unlikely to want to come here knowing he's going to be 2nd choice, considering that the whole reason he's leaving Everton is because he's 2nd choice. There's not a lot on that list at all though that is really worth looking at even if they're free transfers.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Richards would be a superb signing, but totally unrealistic. Guidetti owuld be an interesting one. But aside from that not much of interest
 
Jimmy smith

Jimmy smith

Active Member
For me, there's 6 signings to be made, RB, CB, CDM, CAM, LW, ST

Keeping it short, here's my A list:

Jenkinson, C Davies, Mulumbu, Pritchard, Sako/Jarvis, Gignac

Perhaps Michu might be an idea if Gignac is unreasonable. He's clearly talented but needs reinvigorating and is still the right side of 30
 
Scott

Scott

Active Member
Agree, we need to make strengths in the majority of areas. People won't like this, but I don't think Russell Martin is good enough for the premier league. One too many times this season has he caused us to concede at the back, and I know he has been made a scapegoat a little bit, I just can't see him doing it in the premier league. 
 
Jimmy smith

Jimmy smith

Active Member
Agree, we need to make strengths in the majority of areas. People won't like this, but I don't think Russell Martin is good enough for the premier league. One too many times this season has he caused us to concede at the back, and I know he has been made a scapegoat a little bit, I just can't see him doing it in the premier league. 
He was doing fine last time round. Not saying he's amazing by any stretch but he's certainly good enough for our premier league squad. He always looked solid at RB in the prem too.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top