Right then, who should we sign?

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Maybe this conversation would not be taking place to such a degree if Jerome had played from the start. I risk being burnt at the stake but did AN miss a trick but leaving Jerome and Redmond on the bench. Surely if Grabban had torn knee ligaments in the first minute then Jerome would have had to have played the whole match. And I can't believe that Redmond, at just 21 isn't jumping out his skin to play every match.

We aren't Man City and able to rotate and won't be too often even if a new striker is bought.
 
Personal Trainer

Personal Trainer

New Member
Let's just wait and see what turns up, you have to believe that the Club know what they are doing and who they want but you can't force any player to come to Norwich just because we want him.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Maybe this conversation would not be taking place to such a degree if Jerome had played from the start. I risk being burnt at the stake but did AN miss a trick but leaving Jerome and Redmond on the bench. Surely if Grabban had torn knee ligaments in the first minute then Jerome would have had to have played the whole match. And I can't believe that Redmond, at just 21 isn't jumping out his skin to play every match.

We aren't Man City and able to rotate and won't be too often even if a new striker is bought.
I agree. It was a judgement call on AN's part to omit Redmond, his rationale being that he felt he didnt seem as ready as the other players having come back later. We can only trust his judgement on this, but ideally he would have started.

Starting with Grabban initially looked tactical and jerome seemed fine warming up and during the game. Again if ordinarily he would have started then perhaps again we have to trust his judgement on this.

If both players were fit, I wouldnt start Grabban ahead of Jerome in a month of Sundays. Neil seems to rate him though, and I wouldnt be surprised to see Grabban above Jerome in the pecking order again if this is the case.

I've never thought Grabban was Premier League quality and I still dont. But I was underwhelmed by Jerome's signing and his performances have totally changed my opinion
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Maybe this conversation would not be taking place to such a degree if Jerome had played from the start. I risk being burnt at the stake but did AN miss a trick but leaving Jerome and Redmond on the bench. Surely if Grabban had torn knee ligaments in the first minute then Jerome would have had to have played the whole match. And I can't believe that Redmond, at just 21 isn't jumping out his skin to play every match.

We aren't Man City and able to rotate and won't be too often even if a new striker is bought.
Not really, Redmond played all summer at the U21's and Jerome missed games pre season due to injury.

The side he put out should have been capable of competing. If we only have 11 players we think are good enough for the first team, then we're in trouble!
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Now I know football is completely bonkers.

Gayle to Brizzle City for £6M!!!

Lansdown spending big on players after chucking nearly £50M at the ground and getting stuffed on the opening day.

It really is an American style sport nowadays.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Now I know football is completely bonkers.

Gayle to Brizzle City for £6M!!!

Lansdown spending big on players after chucking nearly £50M at the ground and getting stuffed on the opening day.

It really is an American style sport nowadays.
Thought Bristol would come up a couple of years ago when they ultimately lost to Hull in the play-offs. 'Make no mistake this team is heading for the Premiership' some pundit said in true Kevin Keegan against Romania style. Bristol is a big city and could support a Premier League side. Id suggest they dont follow the QPR approach though...
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Loic Remy's name has just been thrown into the rumour ring...
 
S

SussexYellow

Active Member
Loic Remy's name has just been thrown into the rumour ring...
Where? Not seen that one myself. I assume a year long loan. Would have thought wages would be an issue even with Chelsea paying a sizeable chunk.

Would be an upgrade, but did not work out for QPR but there were no doubt other issues there.

The seeming inability to attract anybody is becoming a concern that increases by the day.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Where? Not seen that one myself. I assume a year long loan. Would have thought wages would be an issue even with Chelsea paying a sizeable chunk.

Would be an upgrade, but did not work out for QPR but there were no doubt other issues there.

The seeming inability to attract anybody is becoming a concern that increases by the day.
Friend of mine, not one known for spreading daft rumours.
 
C

CanaryNath

New Member
Remy is a class above what we have at the club. Would also indicate that AN plans on playing two strikers at times. 
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
I really don't see it, but that would really settle some nerves. Remy is a very, very good player.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Can I just add that I just passed this on, and take no responsability for it being utter bobbins!
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Lets just assume that this Remy rumour is true... 

It would be an amazing signing but it makes me wonder whether we are going to suffer for the same reasons we did under Hughton, by chasing players who are frankly well above our current status and then ending up with the dregs of the market who nobody else has taken. 

Chasing that Italian striker with the long surname and Alderwerield, when it was clear they just weren't interested, and ending up with no new centre back and Johan Elmander. 

Is a similar thing happening here? Chasing people like Van Djik and strikers in the Remy class, and finding ourselves panicking in the final week of the window and signing whoever is left for us because everybody else has already been snapped up? 

The closer we get to the end of the window the more it feels like this may be happening. The likes of Ricky Lambert, Dwight Gayle and Rudy Gestede finding moves..... who's going to be left? 

There have been a lot of quality strikers moving around and it feels like we've dillied and dallied. I wonder whether we've noticed that Berbatov is looking for a move? Free agent, one year deal, quick fix and we worry again next summer? 
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top