Rumours and speculation

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Lafferty doesn't want to leave though does he.
He's been practically begging for a move back to Rangers every few months since the day he joined.

June 2016: http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_s_kyle_lafferty_would_love_rangers_return_1_4594796

March 2016: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-return-id-love-back-7555916

March 2015: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13207060.Lafferty_would_jump_at_chance_to_return_to_Rangers/

Problem is, they don't want him. 

He also said in November 2015 that he wanted to talk to Alex Neil about leaving in the January window, and also said just before the Euro's this summer that he expected to leave (presumably hoping that it would mean managers would watch him in the tournament). 

I can't actually remember a player who made such a big effort to use the media to alert other managers to his availability to be honest.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
But yeah, I bet he isn't exactly walking into Alex Neil's office and offering to tear up his contract, and I bet Becchio wasn't either. So sympathy should be limited. 

Can't blame a player in their late twenties for maximising their earnings when they've got  kids who will need feeding long after they have stopped playing, but likewise can't blame clubs for not wanting to subsidise the wages of a player while he wears the shirt of another club. Especially if its a divisional rival. 

And I can understand why he'd be annoyed that he wasn't picked above Naismith. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bill and ben

New Member
Squad is good enough regardless of the latest disappointing window..............it's the Manager who is failing, simple as sorry to say :-(
we will see soon enough I guess. I'm pretty sure that AN's spending compares favourably to any club in the division. most of his signings AN thought would be premiership quality let alone championship and pretty much the rest were adequate for the task last time around

im sure that we all wanted more this window but overall the manager has been backed so there can be no hiding for him now.
 
B

Baggie192

New Member
Marouane Chamakh is injured admittedly it was a terrible challenge for a friendly against Delhi Dynamos won't the extent until monday lasted 26 minutes
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top