Russell Martin.

Wiz

Wiz

New Member
What a captain.

 Considering he'd rushed about back to Norfolk for his child's birth and then straight back to Liverpool I thought he was magnificent yesterday.
king-033.gif


PS. Congratulations btw.
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
I wouldn't go that far. Yes he scored our goal but gave them theirs and was a bit hoof it away at times. In fact I thought that right side with him and Whittaker was very vulnerable at times.

I would congratulate him on his joyful event though and thought the way he took his goal was class.

Isn't he our leading scorer now?
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
Cant knock his commitment and generally both cbs played well.   However martin does continue to suffer a lack of concentration and one at least three occasions including their goal caused us problem.  

Perhaps it is time for him to fulfill his ambition of being a striker...
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
He made a mistake which cost the goal but made up for it with a goal and a quality block. 

Yup, he has 3. Not a bad start. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Cant knock his commitment and generally both cbs played well.   However martin does continue to suffer a lack of concentration and one at least three occasions including their goal caused us problem.  
Considering he'd traveled all the way to Liverpool, then all the way back again, then attended the birth of his child, and then traveled all the way back to Liverpool without sleeping at all, I think we can forgive him a couple of mistakes yesterday. 

I'm wondering what Ryan Bennett must think though, can't get a game ahead of a player who hasn't had any sleep! 
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
To be fair, he is the captain. I imagine he'd have been subbed if it was obvious he wasn't up to it early on.
 
Boyerboy

Boyerboy

New Member
There is great, possibly definitive article by Mick Dennis on My Football Writer on the subject of Russ which I commend to anyone with a passing interest in Russell's role in the team.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top