By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Ryan Bertrand....

C

CJRV2014

has joined Southampton, hopefully puts an end to the Olsson leaving rumour.

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

That's good to hear CJRV! Olsson could be a key player for us this year.

C

CJRV2014

those were the 3 he was linked to. like you said all signed LBs now. top player who i hope to see playin fri nite.

S

Stevie G

Good news, Olsson and Redmond are the ones I really want to keep

Last edited by a moderator:
CanaryLewis

CanaryLewis

Good news! Really do need to keep Olsson if we are going to be playing a narrow diamond as he's very good going forward

morty

morty

Staff member
Good news! Really do need to keep Olsson if we are going to be playing a narrow diamond as he's very good going forward
Totally agree, though Garrido had a pretty decent game in the diamond, in the Monday friendly.

C

CanaryNath

Olsson is absolutely key for us this year, and i'd like to think he has been spoken to by the management with a view to ensuring that, from a financial point of view at least, he is not looking to leave. 

Safri15

Safri15

I still rate Garrido, but obviously a long way behind Olsson. To be fair however, if we did lose Olsson earlier on in this window and we signed Bertrand, I wouldn't have been to upset about that. He is class.

Now however, if we do lose Olsson, Garrido may be the only option as all the classy LB's are getting snapped up!

M

mustard gas

Why does Bertrand stay at Chelski? This must be his sixth season out on loan. Surely he would be better served career  wise to move permanently.

morty

morty

Staff member
Why does Bertrand stay at Chelski? This must be his sixth season out on loan. Surely he would be better served career  wise to move permanently.
Have they sold him to Southampton, or is he just on loan there?

splutcho

splutcho

He's on loan to Southampton. To be honest, I don't want Olsson to go, but I'd be more than happy with Garrido. Remember his first year when everybody said he was a class above etc etc.

Agent Dale Cooper

Agent Dale Cooper

Strange that at 24 he's still seemingly happy to be loaned out. With Felipe Luis coming in and Azpilicueta as backup, he's clearly never going to make the grade at Stamford Bridge – would've thought that Southampton would use some of their new-found wealth to tie up permanent deals for quality replacements. Strange.