By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

SafeStanding at Carrow Road

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Canaryboy, I don’t think that matters much, clubs make so much money from Sky etc that the money they get through turnstiles is minimal really

Sharonb

Sharonb

Anyone read the article in the Independent about the problems The Holmesdale Fanatics are having with Palace? Their club agreed to a standing, singing etc section but ran into difficulties relocating those that would not move, with the result that the HFs are now dispersed around the stand. It’s a real shame that this has happened.

If I owned the club (and if I ruled the world) I would move the fans to accommodate a singing, standing, dancing area - The power to move fans seats is probably in the terms and conditions of a season ticket anyway - Or at least offer inducements to fans who have to move. The lure of a free season ticket could help, for example. Clubs can do this if they really wanted to. We actually got bumped from our seats for the England U21 game to accommodate the FA who were attending. It can be done, and it’s just so important that we make CR a fortress.

Here’s the link for those interested:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...e-fanatics-ultras-selhurst-park-a8534371.html

morty

morty

Staff member
I think the idea, although it is a good one, of creating a singing area is essentially flawed. I'm not sure how you would actually go about forcing people to move. Some people like to be amongst the atmosphere but maybe not actually contribute perhaps. I think the best thing we can do is convert the whole lower Barclay to a safe standing area, and that will naturally filter out those that don't want to be part of it. That said, I can feel sympathetic towards someone who has maybe sat there for years, and really doesn't want to move.

That article is a good read!

Sharonb

Sharonb

If we had a standing area fans would make more noise... I’d want to move there so I’d start singing (ouch!) I think people would be minded to move if the club offered inducements - Free season ticket in new area perhaps? But I guess the club don’t want to fork out for any such incentives/inducements. In the meantime perhaps the whingers on the stadium can stop whinging. That would help the atmosphere...

morty

morty

Staff member
Agreed Sharon, way too much whingeing, even block E of the lower Barclay where all the supposed diehard fans are. I moved down there last season, love the atmosphere when they can be bothered, but too much grumbling.

OldRobert

OldRobert

If we had a standing area fans would make more noise... I’d want to move there so I’d start singing (ouch!) I think people would be minded to move if the club offered inducements - Free season ticket in new area perhaps? But I guess the club don’t want to fork out for any such incentives/inducements. In the meantime perhaps the whingers on the stadium can stop whinging. That would help the atmosphere...

There's no way the club or anyone else are going to offer inducements if you're going to sing.:eek:

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

What are you going to sing Sharon ? You look like a Boyzone girl to me ;)