Score Prediction for 1st game.

morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
I think you might be right! We don't have a great record on the opening day of the season.

That said, I think it was a big failing of ours in the Premiership season that we dropped points against teams we should have been capable of beating.

Is it too big headed to presume we could beat Palarse?
 
B

bloodwagon

Member
On our day we could beat anyone. the question is is it going to be our day ??

Ill settle for a draw, first game just to break us in, then push on from there.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
I think people are seriously underestimating Palace, but I've heard Cabaye might be out injured so that has to be good news. 

My naturally pessimistic head says 0-1, but my heart says 2-1.  Either way, i can't see us keeping a clean sheet with Zaha and Bolasie against Whitts. 
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
I learned to curb my first game expectations after the Colchester 7-1 game!

A win would be nice, but a draw not the end of the world.

That said, I hope Alex Neil continues his attacking philosophy in the Prem.
 
B

bloodwagon

Member
That said, I hope Alex Neil continues his attacking philosophy in the Prem.
I think he will against lesser teams.

as for the big boys.... who knows what hes got up his sleeve.
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
I think we will continue to push forward,  although I (and probably pardew) am unclear whether we will go 4231 or his usual 4141;   I suspect the latter most of teh time and 4231 against the better sides.

I have felt 1-1 for a long while for this one. 

I carry residual concerns about the back 4 (promoted teams that don't strengthen their defence always struggle) so can easily see us losing against a palace team that attacks with real pace and movement and is particularly strong away from home. 
 
the jarrold

the jarrold

Member
It's the first game of the season so obviously we won't  win it. I'm going 1-1
 
C

CanaryNath

New Member
I'll go with a draw. 

And end-to-end game, 2-2. 
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Gonna say 2-2, with Jerome and Johnson scoring our goals. Should be a great game by all accounts. 2 sides who are both prepared to play attacking football, with plenty of skillful players.

I'm in Ibiza right now and don't get back until the morning of the game, and then I have to get back from London to Norwich. I should be back in just about enough time, but we're cutting it fine, so I'm almost hoping that the first 10 minutes or so are quite drab, so I don't miss anything good if I do miss anything.
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
Obviously hopeful for a win, But it would be a big mistake to underestimate Palace, they've had a great couple of seasons in the top flight, most people had them down for relegation both years and they stayed up comfortably both times, not to mention they've really started to build a pretty strong squad, with Cabaye, Zaha, Bolasie and Wickham now they look like they could certainly be a challenge to most teams when attacking, not so sure their defence is anything special but certainly need to be careful not to get to complacent, I'll say it will be a tight game, think it will finish 1-1, possibly 2-1 either way, lets hope it goes our way
 
broadsist

broadsist

New Member
Hopeful for a win, but with it being palace AND the opening day of the season I'm actually quite pessimistic.  Should be a good game with plenty of goalmouth action, so I'll go for a 2-3 defeat with Howson and Grabban scoring. 

Hopefully i'll be wrong! Can't wait for saturday in any case.
 
Scott

Scott

Active Member
Heart says win but head probably a draw or a loss, Palace have assembled quite a handy squad under the radar, nothing says we couldn't sneak a cheeky win against them though! 
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I think it'll be fairly close, but if we play to our strengths and Jerome continues his form than I can see a 2-1 win.
 
S

Squire

New Member
Our defence is very suspect: 0-2. Please let me be wrong.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top