By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Signings.

N

Number 9

Yeah may be that due to age but he was a sort of headline signing, that is to say the Vrancic we've ended up seeing is the one we thought we were signing so it may be that he was on a very healthy wage to begin with and the percentage we are prepared to up that may not be as impressive as some of the younger ones have seen.

In fairness in this case the length thing may be in the other direction, he may just want an extra year and we want two extra... because there were noises about him wanting a return to Germany a year ago!
Imagine you're Vrancic:-

I like it here, I like the team mates and I like the Premier League.
I'm one of the best players at this club and when I'm on the grass I win games.
Please can you assure me that you'll not leave your best players on the bench this season.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Imagine you're Vrancic:-

I like it here, I like the team mates and I like the Premier League.
I'm one of the best players at this club and when I'm on the grass I win games.
Please can you assure me that you'll not leave your best players on the bench this season.
I doubt we will have that same problem next season as it was farkes unwillingness to change a winning team, and i can't see that being a 10 to 15 game wait next time haha

Looks like Klose will be starting next season so could be Zimmerman's time to get frustrated on the bench.

dj161

dj161

so thats everyone now isn't it thats been given a new deal?

N

Number 9

I doubt we will have that same problem next season as it was farkes unwillingness to change a winning team, and i can't see that being a 10 to 15 game wait next time haha

Looks like Klose will be starting next season so could be Zimmerman's time to get frustrated on the bench.
Klose may well start, interesting that Hanley was listed as captain on the squad list.

morty

morty

Staff member
Who"s left to sign up then?
I think thats about it now, Tettey out of contract at the end of the season but I wouldn't expect him to be extended anyway. I think its just Husband, Oliviera and the likes that we expect to leave anyway.

Din

Din

Yeah fantastic news, delighted for Mario as well because after a dodgy start to his Norwich career he really has turned into a bit of a hero. Trybull getting a new one just as good too.

Aarons apparently the next in line, having agreed a new 5 year deal according to some of the national papers. If we can get him committed as well then that would be amazing, though to be fair he did only sign a 4 year deal last summer so it's not like it's something we need to get done urgently. If we can tie him down though that would be amazing :D

Get Aarons signed up, and then bring in 2/3 new faces before the season starts and I'll be delighted with how this summer has gone.

N

Number 9

Aye, had his injury problems, hence the price, but really good back up for Max!
I get that we got him cheap because of his injury record, that suggests his wages may be slightly towards the high end.
So he's got a history of injury every year, and weve possibly got to pay him reasonable wages for four years.
I wish him the best, as we do with all our players but I hope we're not buying another Matt Jarvis.
Screenshot_20190716-110440_Chrome.jpg

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Forest fans view

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I wouldn't be angry if we signed a player like this and it ended up being a disaster, because if it goes well its a masterstroke.... and we've breathed new life into other players who had a big reputation as youngsters (Trybull and Leitner in particular).

And the Jarvis signing was completely different, because the potential upside wasn't ever really there.... he was about to turn 30 and he was a winger, he was decent at his best but he was only ever going to decline as a player regardless. Baring in mind that even the great Darren Huckerby showed significant evidence of decline at 32.... and that 3.5 year deal just looks ridiculous whatever way you spin it.

It would just completely suck if we we felt mugged off by West Ham for a second time in similar circumstances haha.

I suspect we're a lot more scientific in our approach these days, wouldn't even surprise me if the club had some sort of algorithm which predicted the probability of him being a success being 68.7% :p

Last edited: