By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Signings.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I had a feeling we were playing our cards close to our chest and letting everyone else get their silly bidding wars out of the way!

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Yeah Amadou confirmed to be in Norwich having his medical earlier today, so expected to be announced tomorrow. Delighted with that.

Also, out of nowhere, reports in France are saying that we've had a 'considerable offer', apparently in the region of £10-12m, accepted for Lorient attacking midfielder Alexis Claude-Maurice, a really promising 21 year old who Arsenal supposedly had a bid rejected for earlier in the window. He's apparently gonna speak to Farke later today, as it's essentially now his decision because Lorient have accepted our bid.

I doubt this will happen, but it's a really exciting prospect. I don't actually think another attacking midfielder would be overkill either, if we were to loan Cantwell out, which I was all in favour for a few weeks ago but it would be harsh on him seeing as he's had a great pre-season, and I think that's one of the reasons Claude-Maurice probably won't happen. I've obviously never seen him play but he looks and sounds like a brilliant player, and obviously really young still.

I think there is room for one more attacking mid and more rotation and earlier subs in that part of the pitch.

morty

morty

Staff member
Pretty much the last jigsaw piece in the puzzle! I wonder where this leaves Tettey, out of contract at end of season, and Thompson? Has anyone heard anything at all about Thompson??

N

Number 9

Pretty much the last jigsaw piece in the puzzle! I wonder where this leaves Tettey, out of contract at end of season, and Thompson? Has anyone heard anything at all about Thompson??
I read that Thompson will probably do a loan to get games under his belt after injuries

N

Number 9

Some dissonance regarding Claude Morris.
Some say it's not happening
Some say it's all go
We will know before this time tomorrow

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Rotating and early subs - Herr Farke?

I think he'll have realised that he can't get away with the level of fatigue we saw towards the end of last season... Pushed Stiepermann way too hard + when Cantwell came in for Buendia and looked rusty because he'd played so little. And we're going to need game changers on the bench.

Also Srbeny has been involved as an attacking mid in pre season! If he has been required then that suggests we need one more?

I'm guessing that if another AM comes in then that either means Srbeny out on loan or it means Srbeny third striker and Idah out on loan.

Or we could well get successful upping our offer for Rhodes to £500 and a copy of Delia's latest book and sending them both out?

N

Number 9

I think he'll have realised that he can't get away with the level of fatigue we saw towards the end of last season... Pushed Stiepermann way too hard + when Cantwell came in for Buendia and looked rusty because he'd played so little. And we're going to need game changers on the bench.

Also Srbeny has been involved as an attacking mid in pre season! If he has been required then that suggests we need one more?

I'm guessing that if another AM comes in then that either means Srbeny out on loan or it means Srbeny third striker and Idah out on loan.

Or we could well get successful upping our offer for Rhodes to £500 and a copy of Delia's latest book and sending them both out?

We're about to find out if he learned lessons from the second half of last season.

Srbenny is a strange one, we've got enough attacking midfielders without a striker who cant score joining in. That's one reason why Claude Morris seems a strange move, if it happens, alot of money for potential in a position where we already have strong contenders sat on the bench.

Onel, Emi, Todd, Kenny, Marco, Vrancic, Roberts, can't play them all.
Is Srbenny better than those?
Is Claude's potential worth leaving them on the bench?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I guess you mean Claude, I'm not read much of his background tbh, playing in 2nd league, how good is he?

Not sure but based on the YouTube video I watched he looks fucking amazing. Although of course I know those never show the bad bits.

Is worth noting though that Zimmermann came out of the German 4th tier, and Onel Hernandez came out of the German 2nd tier, and Emi Buendia had just been relegated from the Spanish 2nd tier.

And if he'd got 17 goals and assists in the French top tier we'd have no chance!

N

Number 9

Not sure but based on the YouTube video I watched he looks fucking amazing. Although of course I know those never show the bad bits.

Is worth noting though that Zimmermann came out of the German 4th tier, and Onel Hernandez came out of the German 2nd tier, and Emi Buendia had just been relegated from the Spanish 2nd tier.

And if he'd got 17 goals and assists in the French top tier we'd have no chance!

I haven't seen anything so I'll take your word for it, worth remembering that those players we plucked from the lower leagues were at lower League prices.
Some of them worked and some didn't of course.
Exciting times

N

Number 9

We're looking at a cock apparently.
Not me, obviously, I don't look at cocks, our club is looking for a cock.
German centre back.