By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The AGM

morty

morty

Staff member
1.jpg

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

£50.2m operating costs forecast vs £28.9m projected income for 2018/19 season.

Scary, and this is why I always say that McNally was negligent in his last transfer window and we were correct to accept his resignation.

In that window he signed four players who have contracts which went beyond the end of parachute payments (into this season). All four of whom are on the books, and only one of whom we are using. Naismith, Jarvis, Pinto, and Klose.

Wouldn't be a wild guess to put a figure of £6m a year on the wages on those four players I don't think.

Presumably the outlook for 2019/2020 would be much less scary when you add Wildschut and McGovern to the list of players we can release this summer, would hazard a guess that Wildschut is on good wonga and I suspect that McGovern is on more than you'd want to be playing a bench warmer.

I'd love a Tettey style deal for Klose (a pay cut basically),but don't know how realistic that is.... although of course hopefully a promotion solves that problem.

Not that we haven't made one or two mistakes under Webber of course, having to pay off the extra year that he handed Russell Martin, the Franke failure and rumoured high fee for him (£2.5m),and Husband being not Championship standard but contracted here until 2020 are the ones I can think of off the top of the bat..... although that pales into insignificance compared with the amount spunked on Naismith and Jarvis since January 2016.

morty

morty

Staff member
Its weird how differently things can be interpreted. I see a lot of positives from last night. The togetherness, the organisation and the intent. Yes, we face financial challenges but that is the nature of the beast unfortunately, but it feels very much like it is under control, and we will meet those challenges head on. But, for the love of God, if this is the only thing you can take from last night, I honestly despair.

Untitled.jpg

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Its weird how differently things can be interpreted. I see a lot of positives from last night. The togetherness, the organisation and the intent. Yes, we face financial challenges but that is the nature of the beast unfortunately, but it feels very much like it is under control, and we will meet those challenges head on. But, for the love of God, if this is the only thing you can take from last night, I honestly despair.

View attachment 409
:)

G

gerryinromania

Thanks for putting it all together Morty. Really good for us out of townies to be able to read what's been said

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

View attachment 409

It has started to come across on the other forum like he wants us to fail just so he can be proved right for his ego.

Thankfully most of the fans who started to lose faith late last season and early this season have just admitted that they were wrong.

Its a bit of a no-brainer for me personally to take having to climb down and put my hands up about being wrong in exchange for a chance of promotion and putting the club back into the black.