By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The Great Escape.

morty

morty

Staff member
Can we do it?

Lets look at Brighton down, as I think Southampton, on 34 points, are probably going to be okay. Winnable home games? Slightly easier run in than others? Desperately clutching at straws?

league.jpg

Fixtures left Brighton.

Brighton vs Arsenal
Brighton vs Man Utd
Norwich City vs Brighton
Brighton vs Liverpool
Brighton vs Man City
Southampton vs Brighton
Leicester City vs Brighton
Brighton vs Newcastle
Burnley vs Brighton

Fixtures left West Ham

West Ham vs Wolves
Spurs vs West Ham
West Ham vs Chelsea
Newcastle vs West Ham
West Ham vs Burnley
Norwich City vs West Ham
West Ham vs Watford
Man Utd vs West Ham
West Ham vs Aston Villa

Fixtures left Watford

Watford vs Leicester
Burnley vs Watford
Watford vs Southampton
Chelsea vs Watford
Watford vs Norwich City
Watford vs Newcastle
West Ham vs Watford
Watford vs Man City
Arsenal vs Watford

Fixtures left Bournemouth

Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace
Wolves vs Bournemouth
Bournemouth vs Newcastle
Man Utd vs Bournemouth
Bournemouth vs Spurs
Bournemouth vs Leicester
Man City vs Bournemouth
Bournemouth vs Southampton
Everton vs Bournemouth

Fixtures left Aston Villa

Leicester vs Aston Villa
Aston Villa vs Chelsea
Aston Villa vs Wolves
Liverpool vs Aston Villa
Aston Villa vs Man Utd
Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace
Everton vs Aston Villa
Aston Villa vs Arsenal
West Ham vs Aston Villa

Fixtures left Norwich City

Norwich vs Southampton
Arsenal vs Norwich
Norwich vs Brighton
Watford vs Norwich
Norwich vs Everton
Norwich vs West Ham
Chelsea vs Norwich City
Norwich City vs Burnley
Man City vs Norwich City

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Win the home games, particularly against West Ham and Brighton and we have a chance. We also need to avoid defeat against Watford too. It’s not over yet

morty

morty

Staff member
Lets add the recent form guide (last 6 matches) in. Nope, not many clues there!

Untitled.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

I wish, but realasticly I can't see it. Sorry.

C

CymruWhite

No your crap. Your going down, and teams will be looking to pick up your best players once it’s confirmed, while you start to plan for a life back in the championship.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

No your crap. Your going down, and teams will be looking to pick up your best players once it’s confirmed, while you start to plan for a life back in the championship.
Plenty of time for you to fall apart again ;)

C

CymruWhite

Welcome to the forum. Take it you're not a Norwich City fan?
No mate, Leeds. I was watching the highlights of your game at Sheff Utd on sky sports while waiting at the docs and thought I’d have a look at your forum. In all honesty I’d like to see you stay up, at West Ham’s expense. It could be worse for you though, you could be Sheff Wednesday fans facing the prospect of a points deduction and league one next season.

morty

morty

Staff member
No mate, Leeds. I was watching the highlights of your game at Sheff Utd on sky sports while waiting at the docs and thought I’d have a look at your forum. In all honesty I’d like to see you stay up, at West Ham’s expense. It could be worse for you though, you could be Sheff Wednesday fans facing the prospect of a points deduction and league one next season.
The reality is that if we do go down, it isn't the worst thing in the world. We have, genuinely, put ourselves in a position that if we do, we aren't forced to sell anyone. Obviously players will want to go, but they will go on our terms, and there won't be the financial implosion that the likes of Villa are likely to suffer. Can't say I feel sorry for Sheff Wed...

C

CymruWhite

The reality is that if we do go down, it isn't the worst thing in the world. We have, genuinely, put ourselves in a position that if we do, we aren't forced to sell anyone. Obviously players will want to go, but they will go on our terms, and there won't be the financial implosion that the likes of Villa are likely to suffer. Can't say I feel sorry for Sheff Wed...
Would be good to see Villa go into meltdown on relegation. I think as a Leeds fan, I take pleasure in seeing other clubs going through difficulties because back when we were in a mess everyone loved it. We are on the verge of promotion with QSI waiting in the wings. It’s long overdue, but 9 games to go anything could happen but I’d like to think we have the momentum to finish the job.

G

GJP

Just can't see it. Accepted relegation a long time ago and anything else is a bonus.

Pretty much all season it's been the case that we're good just not quite good enough. Maybe if some of the incoming transfers had paid off we might just have bridged that gap.

Shame Pukki's goals have dried up.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I can't see it either, more chance of an FA Cup final and not much chance of that.

It would suck if we got to the FA Cup final and the game had to be played behind closed doors, imagine that!

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Work in Leeds with a load of Leeds fans.

I think you'll do it this time and go up, also think you'll have the exact same problem as us and go back down.

Talented squad but too young for now and not enough top level experience, also not a chance in hell that Bamford would score goals at this level (trust us, we've seen him in this league!).

morty

morty

Staff member
I can't see it either, more chance of an FA Cup final and not much chance of that.

It would suck if we got to the FA Cup final and the game had to be played behind closed doors, imagine that!
Nice to see you back fella.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Many congratulations Canaryboy. Now the fun begins!;)

C

CymruWhite

Work in Leeds with a load of Leeds fans.

I think you'll do it this time and go up, also think you'll have the exact same problem as us and go back down.

Talented squad but too young for now and not enough top level experience, also not a chance in hell that Bamford would score goals at this level (trust us, we've seen him in this league!).
No we won’t struggle as with the QSI injection of funds in the summer we will invest wisely plus we have Bielsa. And Bamford will be a squad player next season. Augustin will sign with us permanently. No one would of expected Sheffield United to stay up, but they are doing that and then some. If I’m honest I hope you stay up at the expense of West Ham.