By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

1636301431306.jpeg

N

Number 9

Still feels weird. Usually when managers go it feels like most of the fanbase want them to.
It's an unusual situation, the Championship highs and the Premier League lows, setting records good and bad.
Enjoy your memories of the good times and look forward to a greater chance of being in the top league next season too.

N

Number 9

Webber is going to have to pull someone pretty special out of the bag to fill Farke's parka.
I know what you mean, but the cold hard facts suggest that any manager who has Premier League experience has a better record for managing in the Premier League than Farke.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

Since NCFC first played in the old First Division only O'Neil and Lambert have better overall win percentages. Farke's overall win percentage is 6th best in the club's history. Top percentage was by Norman Low in the Third Division South during the 50s. Better than Saunders, O'Neil, Lambert, Farke, Bond (my personal favourite manager),Walker and Stringer.

I say this not as a Farke-ite (which I am),but simply to acknowledge his place in the club's managerial history.

Gaffer

Gaffer

Back to the topic of the next manager, it's so obviously going to be David Wagner I don't know why we're even having this discussion.

Gaffer

Gaffer

I feel that most of the fanbase whether they wanted him to go or not, knew in their heart of hearts that his time was up, but I agree it certainly feels weird. His last sentence in his statement, posted by FF, almost brought a tear I have to admit.
Me too. Especially with the form table that has been posted, it gives me a burning sense of injustice. Still, it's done now and we have to move on.

morty

morty

Staff member
Back to the topic of the next manager, it's so obviously going to be David Wagner I don't know why we're even having this discussion.
Just actually had to google what he is doing now, took the job at Young boys in Switzerland in June of this year, so not so sure he will be looking for a move right now.

morty

morty

Staff member
Some real good info on the Athletic about how it all went down, apologies if screenshots out of order, but you get the gist.

254741453_592423942006148_6820760334262924103_n.jpg

253932889_4503098039771301_3459242946096092605_n.jpg

254539854_347417300485445_8944896655429529_n.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
The Sexy Bennet account on Twitter reckons It's Knutsen.

Though hardly sticking your neck out naming someone who was favourite anyway...

Din

Din

Knutsen rumblings do seem to be ramping up, though nothing too concrete yet.

I don’t know anything about him but it seems he’s been a major success in Norweigen football, and is seen as someone quite progressive and fairly highly rated by those who know more about him. He used to manager Normann as well. Big ask to step in from Norweigen football and have an immediate impact in the Prem but Webber and co clearly think he’s capable.