By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The Last pass. Football and war.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I know I am ex military, so likely biased, but I really don't think we should forget things like this, that shaped the world as it is today.
I do not believe that's being biased. I admire anyone who is or has served their country. I didn't because of rubbish eyesight. My family was Royal Navy through and through. In those days when I was 17 you were very limited as to what was available to join to in that Service. My Dad served for 32 years in the RN, my Uncle similar. I am mighty proud of them, and the portraits I'm lucky enough to have on the wall of my house, of several generations. If you're biased Morty, bloody good luck to you matey, then so am I.:D

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

"biased"? No way! Just from a generation that "understands", sure you will have extra feelings I am sure having been in the military, and thank you by the way, but sadly we now live in times where many do not seem to "understand". What I find particularly sad is how the wearing of the poppy has become a point of debate, even political debate, when it is a very simple and poignant way of remembering the fallen who have given their lives for our freedom and continue to do so. We owe them such a huge debt and it's so frustrating that some just don't get it.