By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

What Film Did You Just Finish Watching?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Joker. What a film. Very absorbing, dark to the point it’s almost disturbing at times. Really recommend it but I would watch something lighter before you go to bed ! :)

dj161

dj161

yeah its a cracking film that really makes you think, the last twenty minutes or so are phenomenal

morty

morty

Staff member
The Outsider. On Sky Atlantic (I think). An adaptation of a Stephen King Novel, starring in, and directed by Jason Bateman (From Ozark)

More good, high budget stuff from HBO, especially enjoyable if you are a Stephen King fan, contains moderate horror and a few "ewww" bits.

morty

morty

Staff member
On season 3 of "The Americans", on Amazon. Set around the time of Reagan being president, it is about deep cover Soviet agents who have been planted in the US, years before, carrying out espionage and spy operations.

Very good!

Din

Din

Tenet - First time seeing a brand new film for a long time! :D Just so happened to be the film that I was most excited for before lockdown too, as a big Christopher Nolan fan. I had very high expectations for this film, probably too high in all honesty as I don’t feel it matched my expectations. The concept is fascinating and some of the action scenes are absolutely amazing, and totally unique as well. The actual story though in all honesty was quite hard to follow at times. There’s a little bit of chopping and changing of timelines, where I wasn’t 100% sure where abouts we were, and towards the start the main characters go on a bit of a tangent where I was quite confused as to why they were doing what they were doing, and my mate thought the same so I know it wasn’t just me being an idiot aha. As I said I do love Nolan films and him messing about with time, like he does in Inception and Interstellar, but this one does it a lot less successfully for me. I’ll deffo watch it again while it’s in the cinemas, and maybe on a rewatch where I understand more going in I’ll like it a lot more. I say all that though but all in all I did really like it. 8/10

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

"Gangs of London" 9/10

Showing, I think, on Sky Atlantic (I download, so not 100% sure).

Absolutely fantastic, great cast, slick, well made, sexy and very violent.

Definitely recommend.
I’m now watching this, the levels of violence for a tv show really is something else, very watchable though. I’m up to episode 4 and will probably finish it this weekend

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’ve started watching Bosch, basically a cop show ( detective Bosch). Enjoying it so far, most of the way through series one.

morty

morty

Staff member
I’ve started watching Bosch, basically a cop show ( detective Bosch). Enjoying it so far, most of the way through series one.
Has been on my "to watch" list for ages, I reckon I will end up watching it pretty soon!

morty

morty

Staff member
Actually forgot about this thread, so will throw in a few recommendations.

I watched "Des" tonight. Nothing to do with Des O'Connor, but about serial killer Dennis Nilsen. I read the book "Killing for company" many years ago, so had some prior knowledge. This was just brilliant, and showcased two of our finest British actors in David Tennant and Daniel Mays. Originally shown on ITV, assume it is still available on their player.

Last night, after watching episode 3 of The Mandalorian, I watched Greenland, starring Gerard Butler. Basic gist, comet heading for earth, lots of folk die. A bit depressing, but not a bad film.

Few nights ago watched "Enola Holmes", originally found on Netflix. Really, really enjoyed this, Millie Bobby Brown (from Stranger things) plays Enola, Sherlock Holmes younger sister, and she is just fantastic, she has such a career ahead of her. Also stars Henry Cavill as Holmes, and Helena Bonham Carter as their mum. Really good fun watch.

Next up, will likely be Jojo Rabbit, which comes highly recommended.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Mrs OR and I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix about a month or so ago. Thoroughly agree with your opinion. Very enjoyable watch as you say.:D

Din

Din

Jojo Rabbit is a brilliant film, Morty. Was really pleasantly surprised the first time I saw it.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

A couple of weeks ago I signed up to Netflix, first thing I watched was Sunderland Til I die, well worth watching. I’m now on episode 4 of Ozark which I’m really enjoying

morty

morty

Staff member
DO NOT watch Wonderwoman 1984. Honestly, you will thank me for this advice.

dj161

dj161

did you not enjoy the story of a man becoming a genie rock?

morty

morty

Staff member
did you not enjoy the story of a man becoming a genie rock?
:D

I just think DC characters like Wonderwoman and Superman are boring. Whilst Gal Gadot is nice to look at she is dull as dishwater. The plot was just awful too. Marvel remains light years ahead of DC.

dj161

dj161

I just thought it was fun couple of hours, it wasn't an amazing story or anything, and essentially everything that happened gets written off by the ending, but was just a fun thing to watch

In terms of Marvel being ahead of DC thats not even up for debate, DC saw what Marvel were doing and decided they needed to get in on that action, where Marvel took about 5 films to get to the avengers, DC just decided to have a superman film and follow that up with Batman vs Superman featuring Wonder woman with cameos from the flash, cyborg and aquaman, it was all way to rushed, not to mention if they'd of saved these characters for there own films then coming together would of been so much more impactful, they just wanted that avengers money and they wanted it yesterday