Would you play Grabban against Bournemouth?

Wiz

Wiz

New Member
Personally I wouldn't but of course I'm not AN.

I don't envy him with this decision one little bit. ..dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't .
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I very much doubt that Grabban will feature for us in the short term, but time is a great healer. 
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Even without the recent events I think he'd lost his place to Jerome. Whilst he wasn't great at Saints he's looked pretty good in the other games so he should keep his place.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Even without the recent events I think he'd lost his place to Jerome. Whilst he wasn't great at Saints he's looked pretty good in the other games so he should keep his place.
Yeah pretty much this.

But if Grabban's head is right, and training well, then why not?

And it might just troll Bournemouth a bit too...
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
The mischievous side of me says play him, just to mess Howe's head up for a change...but would Grabbs even try to score?
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
And it might just troll Bournemouth a bit too...
Good point, would shock them just to name him on the bench.

It might actually be the best way to deal with the situation, you've had your fine, you've made yourself look like a prat, but you're on the bench... get on with your job. 
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
The mischievous side of me says play him, just to mess Howe's head up for a change...but would Grabbs even try to score?
Of course he would. Although if he missed one I'm sure the tin hat brigade would claim otherwise.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I thought they'd be a chance he'd instantly regret his walk out and be very humble around his teammates, who he let down, but then he went and published that tweet the other day which was a pop at somebody for something, whoever and whatever it was. 
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Good point, would shock them just to name him on the bench.

It might actually be the best way to deal with the situation, you've had your fine, you've made yourself look like a prat, but you're on the bench... get on with your job. 
And whether your future lies at Norwich or Bournemouth, you have a chance to impress both managers.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
If that rumour had any truth behind it I think Grabban will be back involved sooner than later.
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Jerome is likely to start with Mbokani on the bench I would imagine along with Hooper or Grabban perhaps. Jerome missed a sitter against Saints before the sending off but once Wes was sacrificed that was Jerome's day over.

Why they would try and play mind games with anyone is a bit surreal. Three badly needed points at home is the priority not Edward de Bono's theories on lateral thinking. AN must rate Grabban despite everything but starting is a doubt.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Its not just about mind games with another club, its about building Grabban's confidence and making him part of things, if thats what he and the manager wants.

We have no idea whats going on right now, Alex Neil may have Grabban absolutely chomping at the bit to prove himself.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
It would depend on how ready Mbokani is. If Mbokani is match fit and ready to go I would imagine Grabban would be behind both him and Jerome. Wouldnt start him. Just depends whether having him on the bench is too much of a distraction. Personally I would leave him out and avoid the whole issue. We could always make him get on a train to Rotherham to balance things out again...
 
TA Canary

TA Canary

New Member
Even if the rumour were true Grabban still walked out when he was included in the match squad. At the very least he needs to publicly apologise to his manager, his teammates and the fans before he plays for Norwich again.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
If that rumour had any truth behind it I think Grabban will be back involved sooner than later.
There is more chance of me being spotted by Louis Van Gaal playing Sunday league football than that rumour being true, and I haven't played Sunday league football for almost ten years. 

I really hate how these rumours start and gain momentum to be honest, with nobody providing any credible source, people don't think of the consequences when spreading them. On one hand people may think its largely harmless because Grabban and Johnson are big alpha males who you wouldn't want to pick a fight with, they are going to understand the price of fame and can laugh it off without losing any sleep. 

On the other hand, Bradley Johnson has only been married for a year so imagine how difficult those rumours are for his wife, and Lewis Grabban is a muslim. People are spreading rumours that his probably muslim wife has had an affair, do people know how seriously it is viewed when a woman commits adultery in Islam? 

So I'd be happy if I never have to hear that ridiculous rumour again. Bradley Johnson's wife has been thanking people for their best wishes this week and looks to be in very good spirits, so I very much doubt it has recently been discovered that her new husband has been bonking some woman who according to a reliable member of this forum never even moved to Norfolk.

In the entirely hypothetical scenario that the rumour was true, you could completely understand why Grabban wouldn't be in a fit frame of mind to sit on the bench away to Rotherham, and the club would have done completely the right thing in booting out Johnson. 

In the highly likely scenario that this rumour is complete BS, and Grabban just got a sniff of a better contract or was homesick, or misses his religious support network or something, there are people/victims who haven't made any effort at all to try and build a public profile having to hear very unpleasant rumours about their partners, who as far as I can tell have tried their hardest to remain out of the public eye (I can't even find out the name of Grabban's partner, and all of BJ's wife's social media profiles are private for friends only). 

I find it all highly distasteful and disrespectful to be honest, neither of them are Jamie O'Hara, we aren't talking about how many second rate footballers Danielle Lloyd has picked up in Chinawhite, those types of people are fair game really, these are both good clean living pros and family men. How has this rumour even started? Some anonymous teenager posting a rumour on twitter? 

(just to clarify, I'm not telling you off KieranShikari, my reply to your post was basically the first two lines, the rest was a spontaneous rant about how annoying I'm finding this rumour in a broad sense!). 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Even if the rumour were true Grabban still walked out when he was included in the match squad. At the very least he needs to publicly apologise to his manager, his teammates and the fans before he plays for Norwich again.
I think a more appropriate approach would be to handle it behind closed doors, and the manager to simply comment "Its an internal club matter, and it has been dealt with"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Wiz
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
We have no idea whats going on right now, Alex Neil may have Grabban absolutely chomping at the bit to prove himself.
Well he isn't going anywhere until January, so he may as well try to make the most of his first half a season in the Prem and try and grab a few goals.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Well he isn't going anywhere until January, so he may as well try to make the most of his first half a season in the Prem and try and grab a few goals.
Exactly, sitting on his ar$e sulking won't do him any favours, regardless of where January takes him.
 
TA Canary

TA Canary

New Member
I think a more appropriate approach would be to handle it behind closed doors, and the manager to simply comment "Its an internal club matter, and it has been dealt with"
That would certainly be more professional.

I see the rumours about Hooper going on loan have started again, we know he was close to going before the window closed. If he's out then Grabban is definitely expected to still play a part here.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
That would certainly be more professional.

I see the rumours about Hooper going on loan have started again, we know he was close to going before the window closed. If he's out then Grabban is definitely expected to still play a part here.
Can we still loan players out, since the window shut?
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top