Would you play Grabban against Bournemouth?

G

GJP

Well-Known Member
We've all done the Ched Evans discussion multiple times. It's boring. This thread is about Lewis Grabban. Thanks.
My point wasn't about Ched Evans as such. It was about attitudes towards Grabban.

Some of us are reluctant to give Grabban a chance. Indy Bones, for example, says he'd put Loza ahead of Grabban. Infact he says Grabban "can go f**k himself".

I found it interesting that he could be so totally against Grabban for going AWOL, branding him unprofessional. But he'd be prepared to give Ched Evans, the convicted rapist, a chance.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I'd also be willing for us to sign Evans
Putting aside the debate about his conviction (which we'll be able to put to bed when he's exhausted his legal avenues), it was debatable as to whether he had enough to make it in this league before his conviction, yet alone after almost three and a half years without kicking a ball. He was scoring goals for fun in League One, but had struggled for two years in the Championship. 

If he did make a return to the game, say in the second half of this season should his review overturn his conviction, I wouldn't really expect him to make an impact above League One level, possibly even need to be the level below that. Like Lee Hughes, who went into prison a Premier League player, and came out of jail to a career in League One & Two. 

Even if he had his conviction overturned I wouldn't have him, on the basis that he simply won't be good enough and will offer us nothing. I'm not convinced he was any better before he went to jail than Becchio was when we signed him. 

I am surprised that Blackpool haven't signed him though, what with their owner being a convicted rapist who took his appeals all the way to the European Court of Human Rights, his recent record in controversial signings (Nile Ranger?), and his club having absolutely nothing to lose considering their fans have been boycotting for months anyway. Not like signing Evans could make anything worse for them, or he has any sort of good reputation to uphold. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
until there's a genuine heartfelt apology for his behaviour, he can go f**k himself IMHO
So, does this pass the Indy_Bones test, or does it need to be more heartfelt?

"I've apologised to the manager, the staff and my fellow professionals for the situation that arose two weeks ago and for not being available for the game at Rotherham. "I'd like to apologise to the club and most importantly the Norwich fans for my actions. Their support for me has been great since I joined and I really appreciate their passion for the club. The fans who travelled to Rotherham I especially apologise to. "I've served a suspension and been fined, which I fully accept. Now I'm just determined to train hard and to let my football do the talking - and to do everything I can to help Norwich City do well"

Its more than we ever got from Wes, which was no apology at all, unless I'm mistaken? 
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
On a slightly different note, if an admin is reading this can we have a match thread for tomorrow's game please :)
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
So, does this pass the Indy_Bones test, or does it need to be more heartfelt?
I've already posted on the other thread regarding this, but to re-iterate, I do accept the apology and think we need to move on, but I still don't want the guy here and would rather loan him out or sell him in Jan than have him stay long term.

In response to GJP, I find the conviction beyond questionable and not fitting to the evidence provided, and as far as I'm concerned the guy has been completely stitched up, whereas in Grabban's situation there is little to no doubt that he did what he did and that's the cogent point of my argument. At no stage has Grabban claimed he didn't storm off and leave the team in a shitty situation, whereas Evans maintains his innocence and the evidence against this is shaky at best and laughable at worst.

A court could rule that a green coloured bush was actually yellow, but if I can see the bush with my own eyes and it's a green bush, then I couldn't give a damn what the court says because I know the bloody bush is green! What's more, the greater the number of people that see the bush and see that it's green, the more questionable the courts decision becomes because the evidence simply isn't there to justify saying the bush is yellow...
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
I shall make this my last post on the subject before it becomes totally Ched Evans related.

It's notoriously hard to make rape allegations stick but they made his stick. And he is a convicted rapist. Fact.

So I still don't get how you have more tolerance for him than one of our own players who made a mistake (and not a criminal one) and apologised. 

No more from me on the subject.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top