By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Your Favourite Player?

Din

Din

Bit of a childish question maybe but I think everyone has a favourite player no matter how old you are.

It's so hard with this current crop because I like them all for different reasons. It's impossible not to love Tettey or Klose. Hanley and Zimmermann are so easy to love because of the sort of players they are. Pukki is obviously brilliant, Hernandez, Buendia and Stiepermann have all done so well this season. Leitner and Vrancic are superb footballers. Aarons, Lewis and Cantwell came through our academy. Then there's guys like Trybull, Rhodes.

Think for me it's between Leitner and Aarons. Leitner's just a fantastic footballer and I love everything about Max Aarons. Then again the more I think about it the more I feel I'm neglecting Klose and Tettey. I dunno :D

morty

morty

Staff member
It is almost like the slate was wiped at the beginning of the season on this, as really there are very few players playing now that have been here any length of time. Lewis was still emerging last season and maybe tailed off a bit, this season he has become like another Adam Drury, dependable, capable and part of the furniture. Tettey has massively gone up in my estimation, my opinion of him last season was a player we could do without, who was coming to the end of his career, Farke has totally rejuvenated him and now it looks like we can't do without him. Pinto and Oliviera look like no longer being part of things.

So, onto current favourites, kinda hard to come up with credible choices based on just this season, but based on that, three players stand out for me. Leitner, possibly the best player in this league. Aarons, probably my favourite just for the massive impact he has made for someone so young, I am yet to see him outclassed in this league. Buendia is another that has emerged as a bit of a surprise, even Farke said that he was seen as one for the future and that his progress has been unexpected!

I like all the players really, they are all very likeable characters, Pukki for me although I am delighted that we have him, it feels like he is the striker that we should have anyway, and something we have been missing for a few years.

If you were to push me right now for a player of the season prediction it would be :-

1. Leitner
2. Pukki
3. Aarons / Buendia.

G

GJP

Leitner. I have been repeating myself about his football brain since last season. He's a great technical player but he's just so switched on. He works hard for the team too and I also like that whenever the ref gives the "wrong" decision Leitner will be there telling him.

And without bothering to explain... I love Tettey.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’ve got to go with Leitner. The more I watch the more he reminds me of Ian Crook, my all time favourite

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

oh tough question.....but right now, I have to say Buendia as his technical ability is at times sublime and he is really putting in a shift, plus improvement in his overall game has been fantastic.............that said, so many have improved so much and also are improving that I could easily name others for similar reasons...

morty

morty

Staff member
Leitner obv, you guys left out onel

A good player, but maybe doesn't stand out as much as the likes of Leitner or Buendia. Absolutely nothing wrong with him at all though. We are suffering from the fact that we have a lot of very good players!

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

Gotta be Zimbo
Absolute gentleman and an accomplished Championship defender.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I'm going to wait until we have a bad spell, which all sides have, then see who is the outstanding player who has the most influence in pulling us back up again to where we should rightfully be.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

“I'm going to wait until we have a bad spell”

Will that be when we choose a scapegoat ?