By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Bottom of the League at Portman Road #goingdown

morty

morty

Staff member
I’ve just been on twtd, they have a massive 19 players out of contract at the end of the season, some do have an extra year option though. That’s without the 5 loanees. What a mess :D

Trying to be unbiased in all this, not easy I know, but they are screwed. If they think that they are going down to league one and emulating what we did, then they are sorely mistaken. Their TV income drops dramatically, as will their gates, and they remain trapped in the downward spiral of debt managed by Marcus Evans. I'm not predicting a fairy tale "Phoenix from the ashes" ending here.

morty

morty

Staff member
I really shouldn't revel in their misery. However....

The last time we got a right proper relegating was 94/95, I hope this is not going to be another Old Trafford. They won't get nine, but I fully expect a 4 or 5 nil hiding. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a derby match less. If all the others win on Desolation Row then we'll be 11 points adrift before we start and they are top or at worst 2nd.

This season is playing out like some scummer rubbed a magic lamp and got wishes.

:D

N

Number 9

I really shouldn't revel in their misery. However....

The last time we got a right proper relegating was 94/95, I hope this is not going to be another Old Trafford. They won't get nine, but I fully expect a 4 or 5 nil hiding. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a derby match less. If all the others win on Desolation Row then we'll be 11 points adrift before we start and they are top or at worst 2nd.

This season is playing out like some scummer rubbed a magic lamp and got wishes.

:D
You're a bad boy Morty, I hope you didn't post anything on twtd to 'console' them.

morty

morty

Staff member
You're a bad boy Morty, I hope you didn't post anything on twtd to 'console' them.

Hahaha, no never had an account on there. And I don't think there is anything whatsoever that I could post, that would make them feel worse. I could almost feel sorry for them.......

N

Number 9

Just looking in the cupboard for my scientific calculator, I don't think the standard 8 digit one will be enough to predict the score on Sunday.

morty

morty

Staff member
Just looking in the cupboard for my scientific calculator, I don't think the standard 8 digit one will be enough to predict the score on Sunday.

I think it is dangerous trying to predict the score of a derby, quite often the form book is out the window, and they turn out to be terrible games. Just look at the game at Portaloo road earlier this season. But I would love it if we absolutely destroyed them. Scored, scored and scored again with no mercy, and sent them off to league one with a ten nil loss ringing in their ears.

N

Number 9

This article on pinkun,

The Wiches: What is the dark magic of Norwich City v Ipswich Town?
Go find it - the natural order of things. :p

David Evans

David Evans

So with 16 games to go here is how it looks for Ipswich using ppg from other positions...

(Auto) 1.9
Final Points: 48

(Playoff) 1.62
Final Points: 44

(Mid Table) 1.4
Final Points: 40

(Bottom Half) 1.2
Final Points: 37

Basically they need to get their form to at least 1.5 ppg or find 8 wins from 16 to have even a hope of escaping relegation, they are fast running out of games to logically escape the drop

N

Number 9

Interesting to look at the recent results between us.

2018 - both games finished 1-1

So how much have we improved and how much worse are they?

N

Number 9

I see on Twitter that their last two games are
Sheffield Utd
Leeds

Mmm

N

Number 9

Screenshot_20190210-185927_Chrome.jpg

David Evans

David Evans

See Lambert is making a meal out of the loss of 4 players last summer who "contributed" to 45 goals...

Conveniently ignores that we're without our top 3 goalscorers from last season who easily contributed 30 goals, yet here we are top of the league, over the last 3 seasons we've had to repeatably sell our best players and top goals contributes, suck it up Lambert.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

They’ve only won 3 games all season, but they’re now going to win 3 on the trot :rolleyes: