By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Brexit.

Shyster

Shyster

I've been restricted from posting at the other site for having the wrong political views -- I feature a hell of a lot in the 'OT - EU straw poll...' thread over there and of course, I was winning the argument ;)

How anyone in their right mind would want to remain in the EU now is beyond comprehension.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I trust this is not going to turn into the interminable insult fest the other site has indulged itself in, with even more ignorant remarks than our political class.:mad:

OldRobert

OldRobert

Haha. No my friend. I read some of it, very little of the marathon thread, but I don't post.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Shyster

Shyster

Haha have you been banned?

Yes, and again temporarily for bad language, 'though it's deemed okay for Remainiacs to use the very same language it seems -- I think maybe the moderator there is slightly biased ;)

Miss your input there, Morty -- Good to see you well.

If anyone here posts at the Pink'Un please send my regards to Ricardo, Rock The Boat & Van Wink -- They're totally outnumbered by Remainiacs in 'The Brexit Party' thread.

Herman is a milksop mooncalf.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I see the Brexit thread has been practically wiped by Pete much to the sheeps' disgust.

morty

morty

Staff member
Regarding Brexit --- We must leave without a deal --- Mark my words -- Any deal that the EU approves of is bad for the UK.
It is a very tricky dance at the minute, there are so many different things in play. The key to it all is finding something the DUP can live with, Varadkhar can frankly do one, what he wants is immaterial, he will just have to go along with what his Brussels masters say, but he could well find Ireland being left high and dry no matter how this turns out.

Remainiacs are reaching peak insanity, with some fella trying to bring a court case to stop Boris even presenting his deal to the commons.

I have no issue with no deal as I'm not really sure a deal exists that pleases everyone, I have said this all along. A strong, independent Britain will be a massive threat to the EU, and they know it, and with Germany likely to slip into recession, the whole project is at real risk of going bankrupt.

I am disgusted with quisling MP's travelling to Brussels undermining the government by trying to do their own deal. Their own deal being indefinite delay, and eventual cancellation.

If Boris can find a deal that pleases everyone, and can get through the house, I will be very, very surprised!

Shyster

Shyster

@BorisJohnson
We’ve got a great new deal that takes back control — now Parliament should get Brexit done on Saturday so we can move on to other priorities like the cost of living, the NHS, violent crime and our environment #GetBrexitDone #TakeBackControl

Will it be Appeaser Theresa's disaster 'Withdrawal Agreement' reheated? :

15 fundamental reasons why Mrs May’s
Withdrawal Agreement is an abomination

The UK will be under the de facto jurisdiction of a group of 27 foreign powers, with no ability to veto laws or procedures affecting our country and its citizens

The EU27 can make decisions in Council behind closed doors, with no published minutes, which would profoundly affect British businesses, citizens, and the economy

The EU27 could even impose new taxes on the UK, and Parliament could do nothing about it

The EU27 could cripple the vitally-important UK financial sector, with new taxes and regulations
A major part of the Agreement (the Northern Irish Protocol) locks the UK into a permanent customs union with the EU, with no unilateral right of the UK to terminate

The Northern Ireland Protocol requires the Province to obey existing and new Single Market rules, with no say over them, and effectively splits off Northern Ireland into being a colony of the EU and the Republic, thereby breaking the United Kingdom in two

The UK will have no right to do international free trade deals – a key economic benefit of Brexit – because it must stick to protectionist EU tariffs. The British public cannot benefit from an independent trade policy resulting in much cheaper imported goods, nor can our exporters thrive

Any new EU trade agreements would require the UK to match the new lower tariffs, but the countries involved would not be required to reciprocate in respect of the UK

The UK would remain under the jurisdiction of the ECJ until at least the end of 2020 and the agreement makes provision to extend this until 2022

In some parts of the law, British courts would have to obey the ECJ for over 100 years - the lifetimes of as yet unborn children

The UK would not be a truly sovereign nation in the lifetimes of all reading this

The Agreement means the UK paying at least £39 billion, despite there being no legal obligation to pay anything like that amount, and with no new UK-EU trade deal guaranteed in return

The final amount taken from British taxpayers would be decided by the EU, and the UK would have no say because the ECJ would rule on this

Other aspects of the Agreement and Political Declaration would adversely affect the UK’s autonomy in fishing, defence, foreign policy, competition law, state aid and many other areas of life

The Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration together lock the UK into a continuing and subservient relationship with the EU, agreeing to match and “build upon” current arrangements, giving away money, sovereignty, laws, and even decisions on the very composition of the United Kingdom itself.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Really, why?
I'm sure you're aware how it had deteriorated to the 'Pink 'Un depths! Just had a quick look, seems as if it has been completely wiped now, obviously Pete got fed up with the abuse, language etc. No doubt FF has more detail........................ ;)

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I never really looked at the thread on the pinkun to be honest but yeah, Pete finally got rid of it.