By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Coronavirus

G

gerryinromania

Well, been an exciting evening, e-mail from Blueair, 3 hours ago, Romania locked off all borders to keep the thing away, all flights grounded as from Friday. Blueair trying to fit me in, 5 flights left to go out to different cities in Romania. As I am a solo flyer, maybe I will get lucky. Been e-mailing, phoning, filling in on line request forms. can do no more now,:mad: just have to wait, suck it and see. Large medicinal potion coming up sir

G

gerryinromania

No help from Blueair, buttt, after being on the puta till 0200 then up again at 5 and scrabbling around, finally managed to get a cancellation at 0800, cost me 400 squid confirmed booking, flying out tomorrow { allegedly ) so now leaping round like a blue arsed fly, trying to get my stuff together in 2 different locations. Have to go into isolation when I get there, but got to be better than this no ending date lockdown here

OldRobert

OldRobert

Good news GIR, presumably you're coming here. Let us know when you're settled. :)

G

gerryinromania

;)Wrong way round OR. Going back to Romania, that's where I live now. Sipping stuff is in the apartment, only had a swmall bottle with me, so really do have to go back

OldRobert

OldRobert

Sorry mate, got confused.:rolleyes: didn't read your post properly duh. The draw of the sipping stuff is irresistible!:D

N

Number 9

;)Wrong way round OR. Going back to Romania, that's where I live now. Sipping stuff is in the apartment, only had a swmall bottle with me, so really do have to go back

Bucharest has been locked down since Monday, as you're no doubt aware Gerry, people only allowed out for emergency stuff.
I did see Hungary has eventually allowed Romanians passage to drive through on their way back home.
Keep safe

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’m now isolating for 14 days. Mrs Frank has come down with some sort of cold, although she says it doesn’t feel like a normal cold. Bit weird as I feel fine, but still have to stay at home. I still feel that I’m letting work down but they were ok with it and said I have to follow government advice. Already done a bit of decorating :)

morty

morty

Staff member
I’m now isolating for 14 days. Mrs Frank has come down with some sort of cold, although she says it doesn’t feel like a normal cold. Bit weird as I feel fine, but still have to stay at home. I still feel that I’m letting work down but they were ok with it and said I have to follow government advice. Already done a bit of decorating :)
Stay safe mate. I caught some kind of flu, started nearly 2 weeks ago, hardly been out since. I am absolutely climbing the walls. Today I reorganised and tidied my airing cupboard :D

N

Number 9

Stay safe mate. I caught some kind of flu, started nearly 2 weeks ago, hardly been out since. I am absolutely climbing the walls. Today I reorganised and tidied my airing cupboard :D

Take care you two, can't have you spreading germs around!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’ve got 18 bottles of wine and 4 beers, it’s going to be close....

morty

morty

Staff member
I have just taken stock, I have 42 bottles of red, two of those are magnum size though, 6 bottles of white, 3 bottles of fizzy. 12 cans of Magners, 4 Strongbow dark fruits, 12 Kopperberg mixed berries, 16 cans (small) of Moretti and 4 bottles of Ghost ship. 4 bottles of gin, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of port. Some Remy Martin champagne cognac, 3 different typed of vodka and a bottle of Disoranno.

I'll maybe nip to the shops in the morning...

OldRobert

OldRobert

Don't know what to suggest. Don't think either of you have enough supplies and the supermarkets have no delivery slots. Perhaps a kind neighbour?:cool:

morty

morty

Staff member
Don't know what to suggest. Don't think either of you have enough supplies and the supermarkets have no delivery slots. Perhaps a kind neighbour?:cool:
I got an email from Naked Wines saying they were having to pause deliveries for a while, as they were swamped. Glad I stocked up!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I got an email from Naked Wines saying they were having to pause deliveries for a while, as they were swamped. Glad I stocked up!
Naked are decent aren’t they ? I don’t use them anymore as I get staff discount at M and S. What have you got in your magnums ?

morty

morty

Staff member
Naked are decent aren’t they ? I don’t use them anymore as I get staff discount at M and S. What have you got in your magnums ?
Yeah I find them pretty good actually, but I shouldn't imagine there is much between most of the different companies.

I just tend to order boxes of best rated reds and the big bottles came as a freebie, not actually tried them yet. Normal size bottle of wine included for scale! As an aside, 19 crimes is an absolutely lovely Aussie red, normally about 9 quid but saw in Morrissons for 6 quid the other day.

20200321_124430.jpg