By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Coronavirus

N

Number 9

It says 'those in higher-risk groups (including those over 70, those who are pregnant or with underlying medical conditions) will be able to offer support by telephone.' so Mrs OR (she's an ex nurse) and I are going to see if we can sign up for that at least.

Pregnant?
Congratulations Robert, when is it due?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I never thought I would be described as a key worker, when my 14 days isolating are up I’ll be back at work baking you lot some bread :)

OldRobert

OldRobert

Copy of email received from our friend Gerry in Romania:

Hi Robert.
Hoping this will find you in good health and busy relaxing.
Sit rep. The fizzy pop virus has attacked Norwich Talk on my puta again.
I managed to escape UK, late Thursday night, on the one before last flight, Luton to Bacau. Paid 400 squid for a cancellation. My original flight was 146 euro return.
I had to agree and sign up for 14 days self isolation, so now my partner is also doing the same, but she seemed so relieved, that 3 hours after the plane landed, medical checks and 3 temperature checks, I was allowed to enter through immigration, where she was waiting.We get visits every day, whenever, for passport, face to photo checks. The only time the door is opened.
We have plenty of goodies in the freezer, and we sip a tiny bit of medicinal stuff daily, bloody strong it is too.
Well, I didn't manage to get a ticket in the end for any games this year, but karma reigned
I look at the oink'un daily, man, we've sure got our fair share of super intelligent medical and political writers on there. We should count ourselves so lucky, to be able to get free access to their posturings!
Take real good care of yourself Robert, and keep taking the dog for his walks.
Hopefully, this will pass in the coming months, maybe my puta will start acknowledging Norwich Talk again.
Gerry
p.s If you are passing by, please chuck a loaf of bread onto our 6th floor balcony

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Day 7 of isolation. I’ve thought about having an alcohol free day but haven’t got round to it yet. We’ve given all sharp objects to the neighbour for safe keeping. If I haven’t posted again within a week call the police. ;)

N

Number 9

I'm paraphrasing this from the internet.

Day 6 of isolation without football - I've noticed a woman on the settee, apparently she's my wife, not bad

OldRobert

OldRobert

Day 7 of isolation. I’ve thought about having an alcohol free day but haven’t got round to it yet. We’ve given all sharp objects to the neighbour for safe keeping. If I haven’t posted again within a week call the police. ;)
My advice is to discard any thoughts of alcohol free days, they are known to be bad for your physical and mental well-being. Dr OR. :cool:

morty

morty

Staff member
90918967_3033548793362265_7849127337021931520_n.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

That thing on the right would be enough to make me change allegiance. Probably the most disgusting sight I have seen for many a year.:eek: As for Miss Corona ....................................Ummmmmm:D

N

Number 9

The football authorities are pushing the dates back towards the summer and not making any firm commitments for playing football anytime soon.
I'm still of the opinion that the Premier League will be null & void. I can't see those games getting played.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Nor can I, but as usual, they are incapable of making a definitive decision. Sporting events stretching some way into the summer have already been cancelled, not postponed, but this lot cannot make THE decision. All down to money of course. Tbh it wouldn't break my heart if we ended up being relegated, by whatever means, and left these 'people' behind.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Tomorrow I get to go for a walk for the first time in 14 days, only going round the block with the dog with a brief detour for the postbox, but I'm excited.

That's what life has come to, being excited about walking the dog.

N

Number 9

Tomorrow I get to go for a walk for the first time in 14 days, only going round the block with the dog with a brief detour for the postbox, but I'm excited.

That's what life has come to, being excited about walking the dog.

Enjoy your walk, keep away from people, don't touch anything and wash your hands when you get back.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I feel for anyone having to do 12 weeks, I was getting desperate after 12 days !

OldRobert

OldRobert

Glad you're back 'in circulation' Canaryboy, and as Number 9 says, don't forget to wash your hands when you get back. :)

morty

morty

Staff member
How we all doing after 2745 days of lockdown?

My house has never been so clean, garden is immaculate, getting shrubs delivered over the next few days, so that might fill an afternoon. Going back to work next week in the US!