By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Coronavirus

dj161

dj161

Not the most expensive I've seen, but £12 for a face mask? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

not sure how much they are generally, and while I love my club, this does seem a little bit like a cash grab and taking advantage of a bad situation

morty

morty

Staff member
not sure how much they are generally, and while I love my club, this does seem a little bit like a cash grab and taking advantage of a bad situation
Profits are re-invested into all the flags and banners that you have seen for the last few seasons. All this doesn't come for free...

Also a percentage is being donated to charity.

Barclay.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

I bought 2 on eBay on May 1, with filters, washable for £7.78. :)

dj161

dj161

So the National League and below was cancelled weeks ago, League Two has now decided to end it's season but with the playoffs going ahead and no relegation to the national league, league one hasn't been able to come to an agreement so far so could go either way, and will meet again on monday

the championship is apparently awaiting a decision from the premier league before it makes its own decision

so it seems that if all these lower league teams are unwilling/unable to return there seems to me that there is only one reason the premier league is considering returning and thats £££'s

and sky sports reports this

"The government is well aware that football makes a significant contribution to the UK economy.

HMRC receives more than £3bn per season from Premier League clubs in taxes, including more than £1bn from players' salaries.
"

but hey if people dying its fine so long as HMRC gets there cut so be it I guess

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

VAR checking the armpits in the Freiburg game, goal disallowed

OldRobert

OldRobert

Bundesliga games with no spectators and VAR checking armpits, and they call that football. Ha bloody Ha.o_O

morty

morty

Staff member
Aye, it was shite, I had it turned off by half time. Utterly soulless, football is nothing without fans.

Friend of mine made the very good point, there is a reason "behind closed doors" is used as a punishment.

dj161

dj161

SPL has been ended

Celtic crowned champions of the SPL, they're 13 point clear at the top with 8 games to go, that's fair enough I guess

Hearts have been relegated, they're 4 points adrift, with 8 games to go, the final 5 games would be against teams in the bottom half, thats bullshit

morty

morty

Staff member

SPL has been ended

Celtic crowned champions of the SPL, they're 13 point clear at the top with 8 games to go, that's fair enough I guess

Hearts have been relegated, they're 4 points adrift, with 8 games to go, the final 5 games would be against teams in the bottom half, thats bullshit
Yeah, that is pretty shit, I would not be happy with that, at all.

dj161

dj161

I like this bit

"The health and wellbeing of all participants is the Premier League’s priority, "

yeah clearly its their main priority, if their main priority is to needlessly put people's lives at risk and take medical personal away from where they're actually needed

N

Number 9

I like this bit

"The health and wellbeing of all participants is the Premier League’s priority, "

yeah clearly its their main priority, if their main priority is to needlessly put people's lives at risk and take medical personal away from where they're actually needed
Some of our players are abroad, are they not doing 14 day self isolation when they get back?

OldRobert

OldRobert

I like this bit

Whole flock (because they're flying) of pigs just flew in perfect V formation over my house..................anyone else see them? ;)

Last edited:
N

Number 9

Some of our players are abroad, are they not doing 14 day self isolation when they get back?
Here Mr Bailey on the above. I've clipped this from Twitter, not showing the replies etc, not sure if the other members of the conversation want stuff put out there by me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200518-195826_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-195826_Twitter.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot_20200518-195846_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-195846_Twitter.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 314
dj161

dj161

Premier League confirms that 6 players/coaches from three clubs have tested positive for Covid-19 at this weeks initial tests, they've been sent to self isolate, but the question remains how many people did those 6 come into close contact with in the last couple of days?