By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Dirty Dirty Leeds

Are Leeds going to be Champions?

• Yes, Pep was right and we're happy to be second.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Leeds will blow it, the owner will go to jail and Beelzebub will be in Hellesdon Hospital.

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
N

Number 9

I see the lunatic Leeds manager has been caught out. I saw a photo of the spy in a Derbyshire Police van and he had LUFC training bottoms on!
There's stupid and then there's stupid.
Be good fun at their match tonight I should imagine.

N

Number 9

Reports that 5pm presser, Bielsa resigning!
On Twitter, no idea yet how much fact is there

N

Number 9

Presser happened, not resigned yet, said they've spied on all opponents this season!
Can't imagine the EFL/FA/Championship clubs letting this go, there's gonna be more to this.

OldRobert

OldRobert

A nice fat points deduction penalty would serve the dirty little rats right, but I don't suppose it'll happen.

Din

Din

To be fair they're dirty northern bastards and should be punished, but I can't see them getting anything overly serious. They haven't technically broke any rules, and while spying on all the other teams in the league is pretty shitty, I don't think it's as bad as most are making out.

However, I would very much like to see them deducted 20 points.

N

Number 9

To be fair they're dirty northern bastards and should be punished, but I can't see them getting anything overly serious. They haven't technically broke any rules, and while spying on all the other teams in the league is pretty shitty, I don't think it's as bad as most are making out.

However, I would very much like to see them deducted 20 points.

The difference between now and say the financial situation clubs get penalised for is that every other club in the league will want to whack them for it.
Every club has been spied on and Bielsa has managed to say that his prep / management style is so much better than all the others.
Which club in the Championship wouldn't want to give Leeds / Bielsa a good kicking?
Something is going to happen, can't wait.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Can’t help but feel that the FA would react a bit differently if it was a club like Brentford or Sheffield Weds

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I'd be wary of us as a club pushing for a Leeds points deduction because it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we'd been doing the same all season and we don't know who Leeds would be able to drag down with them :D

N

Number 9

Paddy Davitt has written about this,
Norwich City demand answers from the EFL over Marcelo Bielsa ‘spy-gate’ controversy at Leeds United

Something is going to happen because of the amount of clubs involved. The EFL has 22 clubs being spied on, even if the spying made no difference at all to any games, the other teams have opportunity to unsettle Leeds and try to gain advantage.
Say you're Sheffield United or West Brom, itching to get promoted and here's an opportunity to unsettle the club above you in the league, they're not going to politely ruffle Bielsas hair and laugh about him being called loco.
I don't know what penalties will or can be enforced, points deduction seems unlikely, but you can guarantee that the other clubs will try to make life as uncomfortable as possible for Leeds.
I'm glad City is pushing the EFL, we knew what Leeds would do of it was someone else spying on them.

morty

morty

Staff member
Anything that helps prompt their wheels falling off!

N

Number 9

The other thing about Buelsia showing off his research, I wondered if he was showing off to prospective employers in the event that Leeds gave him the heave ho.
Not sure if he'll still be in this league by the end of the season, either Premier or back abroad somewhere. We know how often managers get pushed out of work in the Premier League, would a display of analysis such as last week get him a job in the Prem?

morty

morty

Staff member
Leeds fans on twitter making a big deal of us reporting them, and hinting at giving us some special treatment when we go there...using the hashtag #welcomenorwich. They are planning something like when Liverpool fans "welcomed" the Man City bus to Anfield that time.

I have tickets, will let you know how it goes :D

OldRobert

OldRobert

No doubt the Leeds police, if there are any, will stand by and watch citing 'Elf and Safety, for doing bugger all. Stay safe Morty and any others who are going, we all know what animals thay can be. OTBC.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Do you have one of those bloody great spanners Morty? Could tuck one of those in your belt, might come in handy!;)

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’ve been to Leeds and found that going to Elland Road was actually better than when they come here