By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Football news !

dj161

dj161

I just don't understand the thinking behind it, sure we all miss having live sport to watch, but surely they just need to say no, there's more important things to worry about, it's not safe for people to be within 6 feet of each other in sainsburys, but it's fine for people to man marking from corners grabbing hold of each other in a wrestling match

morty

morty

Staff member
I just don't understand the thinking behind it, sure we all miss having live sport to watch, but surely they just need to say no, there's more important things to worry about, it's not safe for people to be within 6 feet of each other in sainsburys, but it's fine for people to man marking from corners grabbing hold of each other in a wrestling match
Was talking about this earlier. I have zero interest of sitting in my lounge, on my own, watching a game being played at Carrow road, which is ten minutes walk away, no interest in behind closed doors whatsoever.

Anyone who is touting this clearly does not understand football, it has never been about 90 minutes. It is about meeting your mates, going for a pint, going to away games and bumping into folk you haven't seen in ages.

Anyone touting resuming football behind closed doors, really doesn't understand football culture, and what it means to us.

dj161

dj161

precisely, anyone who has seen any of the Europa League games in eastern Europe for example where the crowds have been banned will understand, sure it's a football match, but it isn't football

SwindonCanary

SwindonCanary

Fifa's chief doctor has warned against restarting the interrupted 2019-20 campaign and suggested governing bodies prepare for action next season instead.

morty

morty

Staff member
I'm still not sure it'll happen, it only takes one player or member of staff to get it.
Is it just maybe going through the motions, to say that they tried everything they possibly could to get the season done? Pre-empting some amount of moaning from Leeds and Liverpool?

N

Number 9

Is it just maybe going through the motions, to say that they tried everything they possibly could to get the season done? Pre-empting some amount of moaning from Leeds and Liverpool?
For my own personal enjoyment, I hope you're right

OldRobert

OldRobert

These halfwits are never going to get the message. It's going to need the Government to say you can't play football end of, behind closed doors or wherever. Medical staff are needed elsewhere, so suck it up, get real, you'll play when we say.

dj161

dj161

These halfwits are never going to get the message. It's going to need the Government to say you can't play football end of, behind closed doors or wherever. Medical staff are needed elsewhere, so suck it up, get real, you'll play when we say.

you know there's a major issue when us the football fans are saying we don't want the football to come back, hopefully they comes to there senses and realise its for the best

N

Number 9

This is fatal to a small number of people, not necessarily the players, but obviously they can transmit the virus to their pregnant wife or aged parents or club physios or stadium staff or hotel cleaners. Etc etc etc

dj161

dj161

I read a report about the Bundesliga and they say that you need up to 322 people in a stadium to have an empty stadium match at that level to be televised, I assume that is players, coaching staff, medical teams, police, match officials, cameramen, sound men, radio/tv/journalists, plus whoever else I've forgotten, certainly doesn't sound ideal to me

OldRobert

OldRobert

The trouble is, you are dealing with idiots. As has been shown over and over through the years they are incapable of running the proverbial pi$$ up at a brewery. Why should we be surprised they can't see what is in front of their eyes. They are disinterested in lives, only £££££££££££££££££.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

What happens if the players have their temperatures taken before a match and Pukki has got a bit of a fever?

N

Number 9

It's not just the risk, it's the perception of football by the government/public etc.
Ambulances being on standby at a game might not be required by the nhs at that time, but it doesn't look good.

morty

morty

Staff member
I sometimes think about this whole subject, and wonder if it is actually possible to consider it objectively? Lets face it, the season just getting scrapped, absolutely suits us!

morty

morty

Staff member
Reports they are trying to get this going in June, also seeing a thing on Twitter proposing that players wear masks.

We have entered some kind of Twilight zone here, this is going beyond ridiculous...

OldRobert

OldRobert

Full PPE next, depriving the NHS and Social Care workers, but hey ho this is the PL.:eek: