By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Football news !

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I notice Leeds have said that they budgeted for promotion this season, or in other words, we’ll sue if you void the season

morty

morty

Staff member
I have given up trying to keep track of this now, or trying to get my head round what the Premier league are thinking. Adding virtual crowds to behind closed doors games, players playing wearing masks, playing games at neutral stadiums, the whole thing relocating to another country.

It has all gone beyond ridiculous.

OldRobert

OldRobert

One club has broken ranks (Brighton),if others follow, their house of cards will tumble.

You are right Morty. I don't know what the word is for 'beyond ridiculous', but it's gone there.o_O

morty

morty

Staff member
I can see their point, we had very winnable games at home left, and a noisy home crowd behind a team is most definitely an advantage.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Gordon Taylor this morning among other things, suggesting not playing 45 mins each way. I give up I really do. o_O

morty

morty

Staff member
Gordon Taylor this morning among other things, suggesting not playing 45 mins each way. I give up I really do. o_O
It is like some kind of weird wind up. Every day there is something more and more stupid. Honestly, stop publishing your brain farts, come up with a plan if you can and just present it to us. Feels like they know this isn't possible, and they are preparing for a "Well, we have looked at all the options, and considered everything we can" excuse.

N

Number 9

When you hear something like that, ask yourself, who is saying it and what is their agenda?

ie. Players union saying we should play less.
Clubs at the bottom saying we should scrap relegation
LFC saying we should finish season

Etc etc

OldRobert

OldRobert

Taylor was on R4 Today program. Might be worth a listen to those who haven't heard him, straight from the horse's mouth (arse) as it were. It was quite a long interview. I only picked up on that one point, but he had a lot to say. I for one would be interested what you all think regarding what he said, after all he's supposed to represent the players.

dj161

dj161

I'm waiting for them to suggest, each team picks a player to represent them and they finish the season by playing FIFA on a PS4

N

Number 9

Taylor was on R4 Today program. Might be worth a listen to those who haven't heard him, straight from the horse's mouth (arse) as it were. It was quite a long interview. I only picked up on that one point, but he had a lot to say. I for one would be interested what you all think regarding what he said, after all he's supposed to represent the players.
They all seem to be getting entrenched stating their own lines in the sand.
If they can't get their own way, then they try to get as many benefits as possible to go a different way, such as ££££

N

Number 9

I'll illustrate that,
Norwich City, along with the other bottom clubs, won't vote for clubs to be relegated from the PL this season.
PL chiefs offer them £50 million extra on top of the normal parachute payment in order to get it voted through.
It's just everyone has interests which they're trying to protect and it comes down to the negotiating, basically ££

OldRobert

OldRobert

It's all about £££££. CL places, that's just the same. Why should we be surprised, football at the top end anyway is only about money.:(

dj161

dj161

jesus that Adebayor song, not sure I'd feel comfortable singing that, and I'll join in pretty much anything at carrow road

also the Ozil and Suarez songs, I assume they were made this season thanks to VAR

morty

morty

Staff member
jesus that Adebayor song, not sure I'd feel comfortable singing that, and I'll join in pretty much anything at carrow road

also the Ozil and Suarez songs, I assume they were made this season thanks to VAR
Haha, aye there are a few there that are a bit close to the bone.

morty

morty

Staff member
Untitled.jpg

So basically, shut your mouth, and do as we say.

N

Number 9

Every day seems another player catches the virus, how long before one of them or a relative takes proper ill?