By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

January transfer window.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Jason Puncheon's dad lives in Norwich near Sainsbury's, has done for years.

dj161

dj161

also lets not forget he'd also count towards the homegrown player count we seem to struggle with at times

N

Number 9

not really a rumour as such, but James Husband has extended his loan at Fleetwood until the end of the season, not really surprised by this at alll, but with Lewis out injured and no real cover at left back thought he may of come back just to cover Lewis spell out, guess they have enough confidence in Godfrey or Pinto to fill in there

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwi...e-loan-deal-until-end-of-the-season-1-5839142
Yeah I thought he had Aaron's covering Lewis, then shuffle the other defenders around. Godfrey, Zimmo and Klose.
Be interesting to see what defenders play where on Saturday.

dj161

dj161

could be useful in terms of having english trained players in the matchday squad

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I was expecting Matthews to be our number 2 and McGovern to go out on loan to be honest, because of the homegrown thing.

Should imagine the barrier to that was either Remi Matthews wanting to get more football or Michael McGovern not being prepared to have his family in Norwich whilst he lived in a flat in Dundee or something which is fair enough really.

But the option to purchase that Bolton had also suggests that Farke just doesn't rate or like him?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I think Farke wants a keeper that is comfortable with the ball at his feet, Remi had a number of games pre season and didn’t look very comfortable in that area.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

There's an article on a Turkish website linking Ivo Pinto to a possible move to Rizespor.

Would help explain our unwillingness to use him at left back perhaps?

N

Number 9

Todd Cantwell is negotiating a new contract. Seems to be dragging on, I don't know him personally, not sure if he's after huge pay rise or very long extension?
Could just be his agent playing hard to get, but we don't really need distractions next few months.

dj161

dj161

I'd imagine he's likely after a substantial pay rise, in the last 12 months he basically gone from a youth player with no first team experience, to having a half season in the dutch league, and become a first team regular this season with us, not saying he should get crazy money but can see from his point of view why he'd feel he's deserving of a decent increase

N

Number 9

I'd imagine he's likely after a substantial pay rise, in the last 12 months he basically gone from a youth player with no first team experience, to having a half season in the dutch league, and become a first team regular this season with us, not saying he should get crazy money but can see from his point of view why he'd feel he's deserving of a decent increase
Seen quite a few youngsters having contract improved, this one is dragging on apparently. Not sure why, I'd imagine the club wants to keep him, must be either money or length of contract.