By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

January transfer window.

morty

morty

Staff member
Was discussing this with my lad and I said I hope that the board see where this could all end, and back Farke in the transfer window.

It was then that I realised, what do we have to buy, what position needs strengthening?

dj161

dj161

Don't think we need to really bring to much in to be honest, left back is the one area we're a little tight for as all of our cover for it would be out of position, but if we can get through the window without losing anyone I'd be more than happy

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Tricky one. If Ivo leaves, then another right back. Who would come here to be back up to an 18 year old, unless we sign Passlack? Same with left back. Midfield is ok I guess, do we need another goal poacher ?

G

GJP

When you're on top is the best time to strengthen.

G

GJP

I have been saying to people lately the more I see of us and the league I really don't see why we shouldn't have a real go at winning it.

morty

morty

Staff member
I have been saying to people lately the more I see of us and the league I really don't see why we shouldn't have a real go at winning it.
I think when we have a fully fit squad, we have more than enough players. Obviously you can't predict injuries, but I really struggle to name a specific position that we are short in. I would worry if Krul got injured, but at the same time I don't think we should be buying another keeper.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Tough one because with our injury record this season it feels like we need more depth, but at the same time with the squad being so together at the moment you don't want to upset the apple cart by bringing in too many new personalities.

But I think today was a warning that we could perhaps do with one or two more homegrown players (despite the result!),and perhaps the loan market is the way forward.... young players who don't automatically expect to nail down a place perhaps?

I do think we could do with another attacking midfielder, preferably one with pace to use off the bench as an impact player + cover for injuries in that position, no guarantees that McLean isn't going to have setbacks in his recovery from surgery and Cantwell's form may drop off as the season progresses.

Surely Man Utd / Liverpool / Chelsea / Arsenal / Spurs have got some emerging 20 year old who is ready for a bit of football?

A young left back as cover for Jamal Lewis also perhaps?

I wouldn't want us to do anything too drastic to be honest.... just hopefully sell Oliviera and bring in a homegrown player or two.

morty

morty

Staff member
Untitled.jpg

Din

Din

That would be fantastic.

As for players coming in, I dunno. I can't think of a single position we're not well stocked in. Maybe a left back to compete with Jamal, particularly if we sell Pinto. I'd like to see us sell McGovern and bring in a homegrown GK but can't see us making any significant signings. Main thing is we don't lose anyone, which with the position we're currently in I don't think will happen.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Agree re GK Din. As you say don't want to lose anyone.

morty

morty

Staff member
Max Aarons to Spurs, 15 million.

And so it begins.....

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

We probably don’t need to, but £15m plus keeping him here for the rest of the season isn’t bad for an 18 year old half way through his first season. Will Aaron’s ask to leave if he knows Spurs want him and he can double or even treble his wages ?

Din

Din

I wouldn't sell Aarons even if we can get him loaned back to us for the rest of the season, unless we get a truly ridiculous offer (£25m plus). You never know obviously but I can't see his form suddenly falling off a cliff, so even if we don't get promoted we should still be able to get a sizeable fee for him in the summer. If we do get promoted then fantastic we can keep hold of him.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

We probably don’t need to, but £15m plus keeping him here for the rest of the season isn’t bad for an 18 year old half way through his first season. Will Aaron’s ask to leave if he knows Spurs want him and he can double or even treble his wages ?

I'd perhaps suggest to Aarons that he waits to see who Man Utd and Real Madrid appoint as their next manager before rushing to join Spurs.

If Spurs lose their manager then watch their squad desert them, and if the Spurs manager goes to Man Utd then that's a far better potential move unless he takes Trippier with him!

I'd like to think we aren't open to doing business for any of our first team players in January personally, but I guess every player has their price :oops: