Just how good was Dean Ashton?

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Here's one for you then Morty, how could would Ally McCoist have been in English football at his best, and would he have won England caps? 
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Here's one for you then Morty, how could would Ally McCoist have been in English football at his best, and would he have won England caps? 
I think he probably would have got in the England side of the time. but only just. His time at Sunderland was pretty unspectacular, his only real success was with Rangers, and although I think the Scottish league was stronger then, it was still a level below the English leagues. His international record with Scotland was decent enough I guess.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Lets face it, he was far better than Andy Carroll.... 

If Carroll could have been the Sheringham, Ashton could have been the Shearer. 

He was doing this in the Championship at 17 years old...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Speaking of Everton, how much did Lukaku cost them? £18m? 
£28m, and his scoring record since has been worse than Ashton's at West Ham. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Shyster

Shyster

Member
Ashton was an overrated, injury prone lard-arse who had already peaked by the time we got him.

Did you ever ask yourselves why a player who was deemed so classy wasn't snapped up for a modest fee by Premier clubs at least four years previous to us signing him?
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
He was like a slightly better version of Simeon Jackson.
 
Shyster

Shyster

Member
I see the thread has descended into trolling....oh joy :(
I'm not trolling, Indy - I made my views on Ashton clear at the time: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1613671/ShowPost.aspx 
whistling.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
There's a difference between trolling ie. attempting to wind people up and making a joke based on previous posts. 
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top