By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

New membership

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Doesn’t affect me for home games, not sure about away matches though, can’t help but feel we’re being held to ransom if we want tickets for away games. I don’t have a problem about away season ticket holders and those with 10+ games from last season getting first dibs, but after that it’s just about who pays the most

N

Number 9

Ticket prices are £30 though, so first game max price is £50. Every other game purchased is £30.
I paid £55 when Man City last came here - plus my membership at start of season.

morty

morty

Staff member
Been travelling so haven't really had time to digest this properly, but it seems it hasn't gone down too well. I think I did 7 or 8 away games last season so my points are defunct and I am in the pot with jonny come lately football tourists who did zero games last season. And I have to pay 50 quid for the pleasure?
Great stuff.

N

Number 9

Been travelling so haven't really had time to digest this properly, but it seems it hasn't gone down too well. I think I did 7 or 8 away games last season so my points are defunct and I am in the pot with jonny come lately football tourists who did zero games last season. And I have to pay 50 quid for the pleasure?
Great stuff.
I cant get to away games, manage half dozen home games with the commitments I have ( call me a plastic).

For my situation, its actually cheaper than previous years, I can see how the loyal away fans would feel let down.
What's the away availability versus demand for the PL?
Obv a certain percentage of the attendance has to be away fans, is the allocation fully used up every game?

morty

morty

Staff member
I cant get to away games, manage half dozen home games with the commitments I have ( call me a plastic).

For my situation, its actually cheaper than previous years, I can see how the loyal away fans would feel let down.
What's the away availability versus demand for the PL?
Obv a certain percentage of the attendance has to be away fans, is the allocation fully used up every game?
Nah, we all have different situations, and going to football is expensive, so its a bit crass putting people down based on how many games they go to, but it does go on.

Yeah it irks, I went to probably 8 games last year with my two lads. It is easy to see off £150 each time in tickets, travel, food, beer etc, so it is a big financial commitment.

I can't remember last time when we were in the Prem if away allocations sold out or not, some of the allocations aren't exactly generous, for instance (I think) you only get about 2500 for Old Trafford.

morty

morty

Staff member
Must have been 3000 then! I think there will be real issues getting tickets this season with them capping the price at 30 quid, as last time people were put off by some games being nearer 50. Arsenal used to go really quickly as they gave us cheaper tickets.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

There will only be problems for tickets at the top six in my opinion. Die hard fans will go to Burnley / Southampton/Palace and I think availability will be ok for those matches.

N

Number 9

Must have been 3000 then! I think there will be real issues getting tickets this season with them capping the price at 30 quid, as last time people were put off by some games being nearer 50. Arsenal used to go really quickly as they gave us cheaper tickets.
Apparently that number has dropped on occasion relative to the amount of standing