By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Barnsley (Home) Saturday 2nd January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

Thought we wasted several good chances and clearly the best side won.
We did have good chances GJP, Pukki had one cleared off the line.
They had significant chances which should / could have been easily scored.
You'll say we were the better side, we could easily have lost that game because we gave them such opportunities.
It's been a similar story with the games this season.
We're not free scoring and we're giving the opposition real chances.

Despite that, we're top of the League, don't know what that tells you about the Championship?
It certainly tells us something about our chances in the big League should we get promoted.

Din

Din

Surely Barnsley will be kicking themselves for not beating us, since they had and missed the best chances in the game.
Yes, we had possession etc, but they missed the best chances.
It seems to be a pattern of games this season.

They had a good chance at either end of the game, and if they do score that one early on that hits the bar then it's a completely different game (although even then the way it falls for Thomas by taking a massive deflection and looping up perfectly into his path was very fortuitous),but those were the only two clear-cut chances I'd say they had. They'll no doubt be disappointed they couldn't of nicked something, but I'd say we definitely had more clear chances, including one where Cantwell literally has an open goal to make it 2-0 if Pukki gets a simple 10 yard pass right, but he puts too much on it. With the opportunities we had we should've put them to bed, and were wasteful in front of goal, but I certainly don't think Barnsley had the best chances of the game.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Cantwell for one should have had a hattrick, but made a mess of all the chances he had. Atm I don't think he should start, no end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.