By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Bournemouth (home) Saturday 18th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hogesar

hogesar

No doubt Duda knows how to play. Really good players don't have more touches than they need and that was evident with him. Just a shame he had run out of steam early in the 2nd half.

Byram and Cantwell were very good.

Buendia though... I will never tire of watching him in a Norwich shirt. If him and Pukki are here next season I would be over the moon.
Yep, Duda is an intelligent player. Fit pretty seamlessly into our attacking play which tells you all you need to know really.

Buendia is an incredible talent, just can't see him being here unfortunately.

As for the game? A lot better than people were making out. We dominated start to finish, created plenty of chances, was just lacking the clinical edge for a comfortable 3-0. For all our defensive problems we've created enough chances to win via outscoring this season but they've not been going in like they were last season.

hogesar

hogesar

I think you do know.
I'm happy to see three points, but honestly, there's no way that was a good performance which deserved a win.
It was woeful much of the time, fortunately, Bournemouth can't score goals at the moment.
Was the 66% vs 34% possession not enough for a win?
Was the 15 shots vs 6 not enough for a win?
What about the 87% passing accuracy?
What about the 500 passes vs 200?
What about our 11 key passes vs their 1?
Or our 2.2 xpg to their 0.5?

Look, it wasn't our best performance but we were clear, clear deserving winners of that game.

N

Number 9

Was the 66% vs 34% possession not enough for a win?
Was the 15 shots vs 6 not enough for a win?
What about the 87% passing accuracy?
What about the 500 passes vs 200?
What about our 11 key passes vs their 1?
Or our 2.2 xpg to their 0.5?

Look, it wasn't our best performance but we were clear, clear deserving winners of that game.
We scored one goal more than Bournemouth so yes, we deserved to win.
It wasn't a good performance though,

i.e. Bournemouth were sitting lots of players back to defend and their penalty box was quite congested for much of the time. What was our tactics to combat this?
Our wide players spent most of the time as inverted wingers, coming inside rather than staying out wide and passing / crossing in.
This resulted in a congested central area, which we were trying to walk the ball through and pass into the net.

Having the wide players stay out wide would have opened up more space in the central areas for Pukki et al to operate in.

Thats just one small thing, there are others. It wasn't good to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.