By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Bristol City (Home) Saturday 23rd February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Tough one this, they are in very good form indeed, but then, so are we.

Only real selection dilemma, barring injuries, is does McClean keep his place, or do we bring Leitner back in?

David Evans

David Evans

It's a tough call, McLean for me, he got the assist at Bolton and pretty much made the goal against Preston and I think he'll suit the game. Don't change a winning team?

However Leitner is one of our best players, if not one of the best in the league, lacking match fitness maybe? His passing is excellent.

Tough call.

N

Number 9

Difference being Mo can do it when being pressed and tackled, McClean was given all the time in the world against Bolton.
Even I can float a cross in if I'm not being tackled or don't have to run.

dj161

dj161

I'd stick with McLean, had a good game at Bolton and deserves to keep his place, also I'm pretty sure i'd read somewhere that Leitner was only fit enough for what he played against Bolton, so I'd very much doubt he's ready to start at the weekend, maybe try to get him on with half an hour to go

dj161

dj161

I'd be happy to have Leitner back in the eleven, just not 100% sure he's fit enough, I guess he and Farke have more of a clue about his fitness levels than we do though

N

Number 9

It's not really fair deciding between McClean and Mo, I don't think we've seen the best of Mo yet but he's just a class act.
Vrancic has improved but still would get pushed out for Mo, McClean we haven't seen much of, but he would need to be exceptional to better Leitner and he ain't that.

Din

Din

I think Farke will stick with McLean to be fair. He didn't take Godfrey out the team just because Hanley/Klose came back from injury, or Cantwell initially when Hernandez returned. Think it would be a bit of a knock of McLean's confidence if he's taken out the team the second Leitner is fit, particularly as he played well and got a great assist against Bolton. Plus obviously Leitner probably isn't 100% quite yet. I wouldn't be unhappy to see either though.

This is going to be a really tough game, but if we play to the best of our ability there's no doubt that we can win the game. I certainly though don't think a point would be a bad result, particularly with 4 'winnable' games coming up after this.

West Brom are playing Sheffield United in the late kick off this weekend, so at least one of them is guaranteed to drop points. If we can win and those two teams can cancel each other out and finish with a 0-0, that'd be superb.

N

Number 9

Fair enough, I just got feeling that Leitner is rather special, we're lucky to have him here.
Vrancic is good, McClean hasn't had much game time, but seems ok and Madders spoke well enough of him.

Leitner though I see as Hoolahan only more so. You may well burn me at the stake for saying it, but he has such an influence on the game, not just his passes etc but he affects the rest of the team in a positive way.
I just wish that whoever plays Saturday has a blinder and we get 3 points in the bag.

Reactions: Din
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Moritz Leitner is the best player in the league, I'd start him over McLean.

G

GJP

That Leitner vs Vrancic thing... that is as tough as they come.

I mean Leitner is absolutely brilliant at those little passes, setting the tempo and all that. But Vrancic's vision, awareness and range of passing takes some beating.

And both of them work very hard for the team, as an added bonus.

Both their football brains are probably as good as anything I have seen in a Norwich shirt. Infact they are probably the best.

dj161

dj161

not to be a grammar nazi, but its McLean not McClean...............sorry just needed to get that off my chest

morty

morty

Staff member
Falls on sword

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Leitner v Vrancic is our own version of Lampard v Gerrard

Reactions: Din
Status
Not open for further replies.