By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Bristol City (Home) Saturday 23rd February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Din

Din

That Leitner vs Vrancic thing... that is as tough as they come.

I mean Leitner is absolutely brilliant at those little passes, setting the tempo and all that. But Vrancic's vision, awareness and range of passing takes some beating.

And both of them work very hard for the team, as an added bonus.

Both their football brains are probably as good as anything I have seen in a Norwich shirt. Infact they are probably the best.

If there was a way we could get them both in that deep-lying playmaker role, that would be incredible. Problem is you'd still have to play a defensive midfielder with them because neither are good enough defensively, and that would mean dropping one of the front 3.

A real shame as well because they're both comfortably 2 of the top 5 centre midfielders in the league.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

We don't need to have the Vrancic vs Leitner debate at the minute because Vrancic is out injured (also, with Cantwell dropped in recent weeks, its not out of the question that Vrancic could take that central attacking mid spot when one out of Buendia, Hernandez or Stiepermanm are knackered or injured or suspended.

The debate is McLean or Leitner, and there's a clear difference in quality..... personally I think McLean is above Cantwell in the pecking order at the minute, and is the player who needs to come on to replace either one of the 3 attacking midfielders or Leitner.

But I'd start Leitner and bring on McLean at the mo.

morty

morty

Staff member
We don't need to have the Vrancic vs Leitner debate at the minute because Vrancic is out injured (also, with Cantwell dropped in recent weeks, its not out of the question that Vrancic could take that central attacking mid spot when one out of Buendia, Hernandez or Stiepermanm are knackered or injured or suspended.

The debate is McLean or Leitner, and there's a clear difference in quality..... personally I think McLean is above Cantwell in the pecking order at the minute, and is the player who needs to come on to replace either one of the 3 attacking midfielders or Leitner.

But I'd start Leitner and bring on McLean at the mo.

I agree that Leitner is definitely a better player that McLean, absolutely no question about that. The reasons behind me thinking he may for go for McLean are that he was part of a winning team, a great performance and played well himself, so if anything, it would be a wee bit harsh to drop him. Also the question of whether or not Leitner is back to full fitness, and ready to play 90 minutes.

morty

morty

Staff member
Both Tim Klose and Mo Leitner have a full weeks training under their belts, Tettey could be back for Millwall, and Vrancic ahead of schedule and could feature tomorrow!!!!!

Did not see that Vrancic news coming, wow we have some great options!

N

Number 9

I agree that Leitner is definitely a better player that McLean, absolutely no question about that. The reasons behind me thinking he may for go for McLean are that he was part of a winning team, a great performance and played well himself, so if anything, it would be a wee bit harsh to drop him. Also the question of whether or not Leitner is back to full fitness, and ready to play 90 minutes.
You couldn't get a more different opposition to Bolton, who gave him all the space and time in the world, Bristol City will almost certainly be pressing in a big way, wouldn't be doing him any favours playing him in this game.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I've only just realised that we have a 'Mario' and a 'Marco' in our squad and neither of them are Italian.

morty

morty

Staff member
I have slept on the matter, and decided I am having a bet on 2 nil to us today.

N

Number 9

They usually score 1 goal.
Not 0, not 2. :D

Put money on a 4-4

N

Number 9

Some fast facts off bbc site

N

Number 9

3-1 we will play around the press, maybe not being dominant in possession but nicking goals on the break.
Bristol usually give teams opportunities to have shots on goal, we don't need many chances to score

morty

morty

Staff member
3-1 we will play around the press, maybe not being dominant in possession but nicking goals on the break.
Bristol usually give teams opportunities to have shots on goal, we don't need many chances to score

3-1 is not a bad shout actually.

N

Number 9

We need a draw for the league table but a win today would be awesome for confidence, no stopping us then

dj161

dj161

the bench looks ridiculously strong, happy with the lineup

dj161

dj161

Happy with that, not our best performance of the season or even close to be honest, but got the result we needed having trailed twice

I can see why Bristol have gone so long without defeat as they play some good stuff and caused us several problems particularly in the first half, though their second goal was an absolute joke by our defence who just let them run through us without making a single challenge which is even more frustrating as we'd only equalised seconds beforehand

though I felt second half we were much the better side and it was only a matter of time before the goals came which they duly did

I felt Kenny McLean, and Onel Hernandez were far and away our best players, not that anyone was terrible as such but those two really shone today

I seem to remember saying earlier we should stick with Kenny instead of Leitner for the time being, not everyone seemed to agree with me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.