By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Ipswich Town (Home) Sunday 10th Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Not Stiepermann's best game in our colours.

Farke had a bit of a conundrum in the final minutes.... leave on Pukki for his hat-trick, or one last sub to annoy Ipswich fans....good call :p

morty

morty

Staff member
That went well. If anyone needs me for the next few hours, I shall be in the pub....

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Not a great game from Steepy today, he navel got to grips with the pace of the game. Happy to let him off though, he’s been great for us recently. As others have said, we weren’t that good today but still won 3-0.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Zimmermann was fucking brilliant in this game..... which was closer than the scoreline suggests, how many Ipswich moves did he break down today by getting a foot onto something etc, plus him shouting his head off at Buendia twice and physically dragging him away from conflict at least once to stop him from losing his head when Ipswich were blatantly trying to get him to see red showed that's he true captain material.

(we were trying to get Chalobah sent off too in fairness).

G

GJP

Zimmermann was fucking brilliant in this game.....

Yup.

Love the guy. He's an honest, wholehearted defender - which we haven't always had in recent times. But he's also a good player. As with a lot of our lads (and justified by our league position) you have to ask if there's a better central defender in the league at the moment.

N

Number 9

“I’m sorry sir, you left them and they’ve moved on. They don’t want you back. Now please leave quietly, you’re embarrassing yourself"
IMG_20190210_185547_148.jpg

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Wonder whether Angus Gunn regrets turning down another year here, in hindsight his dad (presumably his agent) gave him some shit advice.... although in fairness I guess with Fraser Forster being shot to pieces they saw the number 1 shirt as up for grabs and would have probably expected to take it from Alex McCarthy.

But I actually think we're better off with the much more passionate and vocal Krul sitting behind such a young defence this season, even if Gunn is the more rounded keeper.... and if the price upon promotion was £13m then to be honest I doubt we could pay that for a keeper in our first season up, we're going to have too many other positions to upgrade.

Din

Din

What a fantastic day. Not our best performance, not even close, but I doubt anybody cares. A 3-0 win in the last East Anglian derby for God knows how many years, and Paul Lambert having to be held back by police before getting sent off, what's not to love? :D

Zimmermann man of the match for me, closely followed by Trybull, Buendia and obviously Pukki. A real shame that Pukki couldn't quite grab his hat-trick, though to be honest he's already cemented his place as a cult hero here. Great to see all the players get stuck in as well, even when it turned a bit nasty. I love as well Cantwell running 30 yards to get himself involved in the brawl, before holding 3 and 0 with his fingers to the Ipswich fans at full-time. Godfrey and Stiepermann giving it large to their fans as well. The thing that impressed me most though was the way we didn't rise to any of the scum's tactics. It would've been easy for one of our players to lash out at them the way they were flying into tackles and trying to wind us up, but we kept our cool and didn't do anything stupid. At one point Aarons pretty much grabbed Buendia and pushed him away from Ipswich's player who'd fouled him just before that, which considering Aarons' age is so impressive. Zimmermann as well as he did with Krul at the end of the Leeds game made sure that during the melee's he was in the middle of it making sure everyone stayed calm. Brilliant display of control in the 2nd half, and ultimately the most important thing is this 3 points gives us a little bit of daylight at the top of the league, and the scum stay firmly routed to the bottom.

As for Lambert, what a fantastic return to Carrow Road it was :D I love the fact as well that all the Ipswich fans after it happened were like "Oh I love his passion it's so great to see", deciding to completely overlook that his inability to control himself and therefore lack of presence on the touchline in the 2nd half undoubtedly would've had a negative impact on his team. They also don't seem to understand the fact that the only reason he got sent off was definitely because it was his big return to Norwich as scum manager, and he was angry that it was going so badly, in that our fans didn't react to him at all up until that point, and his team were losing. Do they seriously think if they were playing Bristol City or Hull or whoever he would've done the same and got himself sent off? No way haha. But you know, they need to be able to delude themselves a little bit seeing what an embarrassment their club is at the moment. Their team is truly terrible as well. It says it all that that was one of their best performances of the season today, whereas we never got out of 2nd gear, and yet we still beat them 3-0. But you know, they'll probably try and claim the 'moral victory' in the derbies from this season, just like they did a couple of years ago.

Was really impressed with the banner in the Barclay as well, and in general the atmosphere today was fantastic. A truly great day to be a Norwich fan. 10 years unbeaten in the derby, and we've humiliated them once again. Can't ask for anything more from Farke and the team at the moment. 15 more games to go, OTBC!

Status
Not open for further replies.