By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Sheffield United (Home) Saturday 26th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldRobert

OldRobert

At the risk of upsetting some, imo Godfrey needs to go back on the bench. Zimmers is even better with experience alongside him, and the stats of goals conceded since Godfrey has been the other CB do not make pretty reading. No, I'm not saying he's responsible for all the conceded goals, Tettey has been a huge loss, but I believe Jamal has also been restricted in his forward runs because of Godfrey.

There is no doubt we are conceding far to many, we have experience on the bench, time we used it, the Godfrey experiment isn't working well enough atm.

morty

morty

Staff member
At the risk of upsetting some, imo Godfrey needs to go back on the bench. Zimmers is even better with experience alongside him, and the stats of goals conceded since Godfrey has been the other CB do not make pretty reading. No, I'm not saying he's responsible for all the conceded goals, Tettey has been a huge loss, but I believe Jamal has also been restricted in his forward runs because of Godfrey.

There is no doubt we are conceding far to many, we have experience on the bench, time we used it, the Godfrey experiment isn't working well enough atm.
I suspect Klose will be back as soon as he is fit.

G

GJP

Yeah, I agree. I think DF has done well by Godfrey and shown a bit of faith in him when he may have been wondering if he'd get a chance. Overlooking that he's not quite natural enough in the left channel it may be different if we were playing out a midtable finish but we are not, we are fighting for a big prize and you've got to put your best team out when you can and he doesn't get in our best team in any position.

G

gerryinromania

Got up early-ish, bus pass travel to Kings Lynn bus station, then same mode of travel to Canary Land, arriving 1215. Enjoyed a nice pint of Wherry at the Coach Makers and ambled off happily to the stadium. A whisky inside, then off to find my seat in the Geoffrey Watling ? corner stand, a new area for me. Pitch and stadium looked superb.
The game was tight, was impressed that Sheff kept fighting. A draw to me was fair, however I do think that we coulda/shoulda have got 3 points. Out to the bus station, and travel back.
I really enjoyed my day, the game.
Man---do we have some talent on our books. Super impressed. Live ground viewing, is great. watching these talented boys performing

N

Number 9

Got up early-ish, bus pass travel to Kings Lynn bus station, then same mode of travel to Canary Land, arriving 1215. Enjoyed a nice pint of Wherry at the Coach Makers and ambled off happily to the stadium. A whisky inside, then off to find my seat in the Geoffrey Watling ? corner stand, a new area for me. Pitch and stadium looked superb.
The game was tight, was impressed that Sheff kept fighting. A draw to me was fair, however I do think that we coulda/shoulda have got 3 points. Out to the bus station, and travel back.
I really enjoyed my day, the game.
Man---do we have some talent on our books. Super impressed. Live ground viewing, is great. watching these talented boys performing
Making me jealous, I can't go to every game.

OldRobert

OldRobert

That's my first since last February No 9. Hopefully, I'll see another game before travelling back to the land of corruption
Glad you enjoyed the game my old friend. Shame you didn't get 3 points....................maybe next time. Safe journey home. OTBC.

G

gerryinromania

Making me jealous, I can't go to every game.
That's my first since last February No 9. Hopefully, I'll see another game before travelling back to the land of corruptio
Suffolk ?
Not as bad as that Fenway. I had a year there in 1960. At least where I live, I can understand what people are saying, even though they're speaking in Romanian tongue

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

It's Moritz Leitner we most need back though. Don't underestimate how much composure he gives to the rest of the team when he's on the pitch dictating tempo.

dj161

dj161

It's Moritz Leitner we most need back though. Don't underestimate how much composure he gives to the rest of the team when he's on the pitch dictating tempo.
I agree with that 100%, I don't think i've ever seen another player in a city shirt with the composure on the ball he has, always seems to have an extra couple of seconds to decide what to do, even when being closed down, he just looks so calm. takes a touch and moves the ball in a different direction, top class player

Status
Not open for further replies.