By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Sheffield Wednesday (Home) Saturday 5th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Din

Din

Wouldn't be a Norwich City win if we didn't make hard work of it :D

Really not sure how we managed that if I'm honest. All the way through I was thinking that 1 goal would settle this game, so when Wednesday got it I thought that was probably game over, particularly as we really didn't look at any point like we were capable of breaking them down. As soon as we changed system though we looked a completely different team. Sorenson added so much more positivity and directness when he was moved into midfield, and Mario was able to get into positions where he could really influence the game. Great run and finish from Martin, it reminded me of Pukki's 97th minute winner against Millwall a couple of seasons ago, an identical ball from Vrancic and Martin just nips in before the 'keeper. Fantastic composure from Max as well to score the winner, especially considering how few goals he scores.

In general during the game I wasn't overly impressed with us. We were so laboured and didn't seem to have any creativity when we had possession. Sheffield Wednesday were very good at their jobs, as you'd expect from a Pulis team. It's horrible to watch and I couldn't imagine anything worse as a supporter than having to sit through that every week, but you can't deny how effective it can be. They were absolutely solid defensively, much like Luton during the week it felt like they had a brick wall on the edge of their own box. If I was a Wednesday fan I'd be fuming, not only that they didn't win the game despite having the chances to make it 2-0, but I also have no idea how they weren't given a penalty. Mario slides in on Harris and doesn't get the ball. It's as clear a penalty as I've seen, and the referee who's standing 5 yards away from it somehow doesn't give it. I'll take that luck though after the awful penalty decision we had given against us a few days ago.

Fantastic that we've got back to winning ways. If we had lost then we'd now be sitting 6th, but instead we're now back to the top of the league. The performance levels need to be raised for when we play Forest in the week (another winnable game),but at the moment 3 points each game is all that matters, and that's what we've got today!

G

gerryinromania

Guess it wasn't a game for purists Morty, but I bet you hqd a good shout and holler, especially the last ten minutes. When Sorenson moved into midfield, what was the set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.