By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Southampton (home) Friday June 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Din

Din

Predictable and pathetic. Concede a poor goal right after half-time as we have done too often this season, and proceed to fall apart. Absolutely no quality on show, no-one apart from Krul putting in even a half-decent performance, no changes in tactics or personnel until too late. Literally made Southampton look like Barcelona. So, so frustrating. If we had any hope at all we don't now.

G

GJP

You're never staying in the Premier League if you think picking a midfield of McLean and Trybull is the way to do it.

N

Number 9

What got me down was our players not pressing or tackling at all.
We had zero urgency.

Farke really has to go in my opinion.

He doesn't seem to be able to improve or motivate the team.
We will be lucky to finish middle of the Chumps next season.

N

Number 9

Surely all those weeks planning and training specifically for this game, we get the same as we've had rest of season.
I'm despondent and pretty sure that most of the championship teams are going to rip us a new one too if we keep on like that.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Surely all those weeks planning and training specifically for this game, we get the same as we've had rest of season.
I'm despondent and pretty sure that most of the championship teams are going to rip us a new one too if we keep on like that.
I can understand why you’re despondent but it’s not like we’ve played that badly every week. Calling for Farke to go is way over the top in my opinion too.

G

GJP

Bit concerned by how gutless it was. Need to kick that out the system and avoid a hangover into next season.

N

Number 9

I can understand why you’re despondent but it’s not like we’ve played that badly every week. Calling for Farke to go is way over the top in my opinion too.
The management team had weeks to focus on Southampton and how to win the game.
They've had weeks to communicate their message to the players on how to beat Southampton, attitude towards the game etc. Creating a mindset in the players that we can fight as a team for survival.

I didn't see evidence of that yesterday. It looked very similar to several performances this season where we've not been anywhere near the game physically and mentally.

We've said for a long while, our defence needs to get organised, but even if you ignore that obvious question - there's one stat from last night which makes me despondent.

Max Arrons got a yellow card.

So what, I hear you say.
Instead of a relegation dog fight, battling for every ball, breaking up play with crunching tackles, fighting for our lives, what did we have?
It seemed like we were obeying the 2m rule, no pressing or tackling or fight. We ended up with one yellow card for Max.

OldRobert

OldRobert

We were crap from 10 minutes in until the end. We deserved nothing and that's what we got. The sooner this dreadful season is over the better.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Politicians of whatever side, rarely knew what was good for our morale, except perhaps Churchill, and even he's having to spend his time in a metal cage these days.:rolleyes:

N

Number 9

Politicians of whatever side, rarely knew what was good for our morale, except perhaps Churchill, and even he's having to spend his time in a metal cage these days.:rolleyes:
Churchill, yeah has some interesting policies....

OldRobert

OldRobert

"had"...................I attended his funeral. Where do you think we would be without his leadership, or are you a Halifax supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.