By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Stoke City (away) Tuesday 24th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
The absolute epitome of a tough away game, away to Stoke on a Tuesday night!

Not so sure Hugill will be available, and saw that Rupp may have tweaked his hamstring again, so we could be wheeling Tettey out.

One of my mates asked David Freezer, on Twitter, could there be any way back for Drimic? Interesting question certainly.

dj161

dj161

so this is our injury list from memory, sure I'm forgetting someone

Sam Byram
Kieran Dowell
Jordan Hugill
Todd Cantwell
Xavi Quintilla
Kenny McLean
Onel Hernandez
Bali Mumba
Adam Idah

morty

morty

Staff member
And none of them are just quick ones either, all seem to be longer term, and in a few cases complex, with no specific return date. We are very much in a position now where we really can't afford any more.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The two main strikers with the U21s were both left out today

OldRobert

OldRobert

As has been said, this is ridiculous. I wish someone could come up with some sort of explanation. I mean some of those players have only been on the pitch for a matter of minutes, and they are not known for being sick notes, eg McLean, Hugill, Cantwell (although he does seem to be turning into one) and Idah. I know some people 'over there' blame the training regime, but they would probably blame the weather, Covid or Boris. Are we just unlucky or just one of many clubs hit the same?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I wonder if we’re still training twice a day ? Bearing in mind it’s two games a week through till Christmas it does seem a bit excessive if that’s the case.

morty

morty

Staff member
As has been said, this is ridiculous. I wish someone could come up with some sort of explanation. I mean some of those players have only been on the pitch for a matter of minutes, and they are not known for being sick notes, eg McLean, Hugill, Cantwell (although he does seem to be turning into one) and Idah. I know some people 'over there' blame the training regime, but they would probably blame the weather, Covid or Boris. Are we just unlucky or just one of many clubs hit the same?
I think, across the board, everyone is having issues. Just as well Klopp isn't going on and on about it though!

A lot could be to do with players not really having a summer break. I am sure the club will be asking themselves the same questions re the training etc, but I would like to default to the position where I assume they know what they are doing.

morty

morty

Staff member
Don't forget it is a 7pm kick off tonight. I'll try again and see if ifollow actually gives me it free, like it is meant to...

morty

morty

Staff member
44.jpg

dj161

dj161

so who can fill me in on McAlear and Dickson-Peters, I assume one of these lads are a striker?

morty

morty

Staff member
What I find worrying is what you see on that teamsheet is basically what we have till at least January :confused:

dj161

dj161

Cantwell, Xavi and Hugill could potentially be back in 2-3 weeks, but even that is mid to late december, and having just looked we have 10 games between now and the new year, could be a tough few weeks coming up

the only reason I can tell we have so many games is so we can get the season over in early may so UEFA can have their crappy little euros tournament take place on time, surely with the way the world is now, international football should be the last of anyone's priorities

dj161

dj161

1-0 City, lovely finish by Emi to give us the lead, should be 2-0 really with Hanley completely missing a free header from a corner

Status
Not open for further replies.