By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Swansea (home) Friday 8th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldRobert

OldRobert

I really think it's time Leitner or Vrancic were starting, they are two of our best players whereas McLean isn't. The former add that something extra which imo will be needed in the next 10 games.

N

Number 9

I really think it's time Leitner or Vrancic were starting, they are two of our best players whereas McLean isn't. The former add that something extra which imo will be needed in the next 10 games.

A few days ago Farke called Leitner, and I quote, "the best midfielder in the league".

3 minutes at the end?

Farke knew what the problem was because Stieperman and McLean swapped after the HT break.

N

Number 9

G

gerryinromania

Swansea were very good with their passing and control. Their defenders were completely bamboozled by Hernandez assisting for the goal. Thought 2 or 3 of ours were not completely on song. Who cares about Leeds. Hope they twist and burn. Miserable clownsl

David Evans

David Evans

Swansea unlucky not to get something from that game, thought McLean had a very poor game, did more for Swansea than us, Vrancic and/or Leitner have to come in.

It bodes well though to have a poor game and still win and sometimes you do have to grind out ugly results.

N

Number 9

This from MB Twitter

City have not won a single league game without Buendia this term - he's missed 5 fixtures: DLLLD

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I'd personally like to see Leitner come back in, but don't know how effective he would have been on a pitch that slippery.

Stiepermann looked like he needs a rest as well, but again don't know if that's because of the pitch last night.

I'd probably start with dropping McLean for Leitner and then start bringing Vrancic back on in an attacking mid position in the 60th to 70th minute like we were before Leitner got injured.

McLean's a decent player but I think he's more of a number 10 than a deep lying playmaker and at the minute he seems to drift in and out of games in terms of imposing himself.

Steal though for £100k or whatever it was.

Last edited:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

We're blessed to have this much competition for places in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.