By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Wigan Athletic (Home) Saturday 6th August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

We've got a cup match Tuesday if I recall correctly, will be interesting to see what Deano does with that.

N

Number 9

I can't help feeling that we're trying to build a team around our highest earner who wants to have one last move while he can before it's too late.
Surely we need to sell him now while we can get some cash and spend his wages on someone who will be ok for next season too.

morty

morty

Staff member
I can't help feeling that we're trying to build a team around our highest earner who wants to have one last move while he can before it's too late.
Surely we need to sell him now while we can get some cash and spend his wages on someone who will be ok for next season too.
It felt very much like we had all our eggs in one basket yesterday, like there was a team order, everyone must pass to Pukki, and only he is allowed to get in the box. In the Championship you need a striker scoring 20+ goals, a second one scoring 15, and ideally 10 or 20 goals from midfield.

Slightly worrying.

N

Number 9

It felt very much like we had all our eggs in one basket yesterday, like there was a team order, everyone must pass to Pukki, and only he is allowed to get in the box. In the Championship you need a striker scoring 20+ goals, a second one scoring 15, and ideally 10 or 20 goals from midfield.

Slightly worrying.
Majority of teams in this league will sit with eight bodies defending like Wigan did, its nigh on impossible to play through that with good players let alone our midfield.
Yet Josh was brought on rather than the striker who was banging goals in during preseason.
I'm not saying that Hugill answers every question and he'll set the Premier League alight because he obviously won't, but of the options available yesterday I did scratch my head wondering what on earth was going on.
We thought Farke was the worst in the world at substitutions.

N

Number 9

What playersvare actually fit for Tuesday Cup game?

morty

morty

Staff member
Majority of teams in this league will sit with eight bodies defending like Wigan did, its nigh on impossible to play through that with good players let alone our midfield.
Yet Josh was brought on rather than the striker who was banging goals in during preseason.
I'm not saying that Hugill answers every question and he'll set the Premier League alight because he obviously won't, but of the options available yesterday I did scratch my head wondering what on earth was going on.
We thought Farke was the worst in the world at substitutions.
It all adds up to him not wanting to sub Pukki.

N

Number 9

I think the only player that has a genuine concern is Giannoulis? I saw reports questioning if he had broken his ankle. Max got a whack on the shin that, although sore, I doubt will keep him out.
Dean suggested that Dimi caught his studs and rolled his ankle. I was watching the TV and they didn't replay it but I guess its ligaments etc rather than a break from what he said.

N

Number 9

Josh has energy but has zero control over a ball, would it be madness to put him as a deep lying midfielder to constantly run breaking up attacks, win the ball & give it to your creative man who can spot a pass?

OldRobert

OldRobert

Josh has energy but has zero control over a ball, would it be madness to put him as a deep lying midfielder to constantly run breaking up attacks, win the ball & give it to your creative man who can spot a pass?
No I don't think it would.

N

Number 9

It mustn't be forgotten that we were relegated months ago we knew what league we would be in, why are we yet again starting the season without a decent fit team.
Why do we throw so many games at the start of every season?
Woefully inept!

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

I think Sarge could do a good job at breaking up attacks. Smith always plays him out wide and he is not a wide player. At Werder he played centrally and showed some good touches in the air and at holding up play. He scored a few goals too. A Sarge + Hugill partnership may be worth trying in the Carabou Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.