By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Wycombe Wanderers (home) Saturday 24th October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Din

Din

As brilliant as that last-minute free-kick was, I really wish we'd just do things the easy way for once. My heart can't take it man :D

But yeah, it wasn't a good performance at all, but as Morty says we can't have any complaints about 3 wins in a week.

I would love to have some sympathy for Wycombe, who actually didn't just park the bus and try and nick something like Derby and Birmingham did, but the amount they threw themselves to the floor, rolling around, so blatantly wasting time, was embarrassing. The worst part was as well is that the ref bought it (by the way what an absolutely atrocious refereeing performance). If they're gonna come up to this league and do that then they deserve to go straight back down again.

Anyway, we're now in the top 6. If we wanna stay there we HAVE to improve. Of our next 4 games, 3 of them are against teams in the top 7, and the other is against Brentford on Tuesday.

morty

morty

Staff member
I am starting to question us trying to play Pukki and Hugill in the same team. Farke needs to bite the bullet and pick one of them, so Todd can play in his favoured position at number 10. Definitely feels like our midfield engine room isn't strong enough right now.

dj161

dj161

I'm guessing with Onel out, we're very short on players who can play out wide, you could put Steips out there but it's not his best role either, Placheta I imagine will be in there soon enough, just needs more minutes to get up to speed

G

gerryinromania

Internet went to sleep 2 minutes before kick off, so no comments from me today as In saw nuffink. Well done lads on winning ugly. I await the hi lights. Thanks for the Vrancic goal dj161, super free kick

N

Number 9

I'm guessing with Onel out, we're very short on players who can play out wide, you could put Steips out there but it's not his best role either, Placheta I imagine will be in there soon enough, just needs more minutes to get up to speed
Xavi should really be able to get crosses in for Hugill et al. Rupp has been playing on the left of midfield and it shuts down any crosses or balls coming in from that side because he can't kick with his left foot.
Hopefully Placheta will learn quickly.
We need width because it's so easy for teams to defend against us just trying to walk the ball through a congested central area.

Status
Not open for further replies.