G
GJP
Well-Known Member
I only saw the last 30-40 minutes or so but when West Ham brought on their better players it looked to me like Toffolo struggled - they got in down that side several times. Payet (was it) put in a few crosses.
If he does I wonder how much it will be about shop windowing him for a season long move abroad?I think he'll start the Palace game. Will be far less exposed with a proper midfield and back line in place. Bolasie, Zaha and Punchion will be quite a test, I'm sure.
Lol, sorry, I should have read the whole thread :blush:Why abroad? Are you talking about Ricky? If so I can't see him starting against Palace.
Apart from his inability to intimidate CB's with any physical presence, I made it 3 chances. The run on goal when he looked totally unsure whether to pass it, shoot or go round the keeper, the side foot wide, when in a "meaningless" game he could have put his lace through it and the shot on the turn on the edge of the six yard box that he mishit.People used to joke about how Andy Cole needed 6 chances a game to score for Man Utd, yet RvW misses a good chance in a meanginless friendly and suddenly the world has ended and the player is utterly garbage because of it...
I fully agree that strikers need to convert as best possible, but considering the number of sitters Grabban missed last season, not to mention that even higher rated prem level strikers can sometimes have utter shockers (take Pelle against Stoke and Lukaku against Leicester, who both failed to score despite having NINE chances each in those games), I think it's pretty unfair that a couple of misses are being so strongly held against RvW, especially when it's nothing more than a fitness routine anyway.
Andy Cole was a great, great goalscorer in the Premier League. One of the very best it has seen. So the comment about him needing 6 chances was always ridiculous.People used to joke about how Andy Cole needed 6 chances a game to score for Man Utd, yet RvW misses a good chance in a meanginless friendly and suddenly the world has ended and the player is utterly garbage because of it...
I fully agree that strikers need to convert as best possible, but considering the number of sitters Grabban missed last season, not to mention that even higher rated prem level strikers can sometimes have utter shockers (take Pelle against Stoke and Lukaku against Leicester, who both failed to score despite having NINE chances each in those games), I think it's pretty unfair that a couple of misses are being so strongly held against RvW, especially when it's nothing more than a fitness routine anyway.
Completely different types of players too.Andy Cole was a great, great goalscorer in the Premier League. One of the very best it has seen. So the comment about him needing 6 chances was always ridiculous.
It's not really the same as RVW.
Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.