Right then, who should we sign?

Scott

Scott

Active Member
I think Jerome could cut it, he was in a poor Stoke team who just resorted to hoofing the ball to him at any given opportunity...I think being in the right team and playing a way that suits him will make him a lot more effective. Also has Dorran's struggled in the prem? I always liked the look of him when I saw him on the telly! Good, tidy, comfortable player...As for Mulumbu..do we need another midfielder? ;)
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Yes we need another defensive midfielder, we only have 1.

Jerome had a good strikerate during his Premier League seasons with Brum. At stoke and Palarse less so but he was often used on the wing or from the bench. There will be calls of Jerome for England by Christmas.  ;)
 
Jimmy smith

Jimmy smith

Active Member
I wonder if he's given any thought to giving up the England ambition and going to play for Guyana like he has on my Football Manager game?
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
Yes we need another defensive midfielder, we only have 1.

Jerome had a good strike rate during his Premier League seasons with Brum. At stoke and Palarse less so but he was often used on the wing or from the bench. There will be calls of Jerome for England by Christmas.  ;)
I'm also confident that Jerome will do well this season. With the strong midfield we now have he can prosper from good service. Dorrans has added to that, and Odjidja-Ofoe and Andreu will be like new players come the pre-season. Mulumbu would strenthen us at DM, but I also like the way he can thread longish passes through to attacking players and that will suit Jerome to be sure.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Interesting gallery of frees here

http://www.teamtalk.com/gallery/13851/9882754/Top-10-Most-attractive-Premier-League-free-agents
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I'd take 3 of them, but I think Mulumbu is the only one we'd manage to sign.

Vlaar and Richards would be perfect for us but other clubs will offer more money.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
Vlaar and Richards would be perfect for us but other clubs will offer more money.
Richards has already signed for Villa, apparently turning down a lot of cash from Sunderland. I really hope we go all out to get Jenkinson, but i reckon AN will stick with Whittaker.  Vlaar, if he does leave villa, will go to a top 8 team. No chance for him I'm afraid 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Im surprised Villa have been able to get Richards - he will be a superb signing for them
 
C

CanaryNath

New Member
Vlaar is certainly a level above what we can expect at this moment in time. He'll be on his way to Everton/Spurs/Liverpool etc
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
can only dream of vlaar coming here - but would be happy to see Mulumbu and Jenkinson sign.
 
Stan The Fan

Stan The Fan

New Member
The only player on the list that would set my pulse racing is Vlaar and surely he will be off to Man Utd or Arsenal as reported in the daily splurge.

We didn't see the best of Bamford in the Play Off Final as he was still carrying the ankle injury received when Middlesbrough beat us at Carrow Rd. I would be delighted if we took him on a season long loan.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Am I the only one who doesnt rate Vlaar?

He was really good at the World Cup but the season before (havent seen anything of him this year) he seemed pretty terrible for Villa
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
http://www.eyefootball.com/news/23634/Shola-Ameobi-Norwich-City.html

I laughed. Which one of you wrote this then?
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Quality, not quantity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3120173/Norwich-prioritise-quality-additions-quantity-prepare-Premier-League-life-securing-instant-return-flight.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I think we all knew that would be the case.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/01/premier-league-transfer-window-clubs

National media didn't.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
I think we all knew that would be the case.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/01/premier-league-transfer-window-clubs

National media didn't.

Looks like some lazy journalism there. Link ex team-mates to come up with McArthur, dig up some old speculation and invent a price over 3 times what has been suggested for Jahanbakhsh and then re-hash old link in Noone.

Also fails to recognize Norwich are generally considered 'Premiership ready', and that although bulk of side got relegated, bulk of side also survived previous season and largely underperformed in Hughton's final season.

It would be nice, just once to read a Norwich-featuring article which seemed in the slightest bit informed about our club
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy smith

Jimmy smith

Active Member
Really hope we're not still in for Noone. I wasn't keen in the championship and am definitely not keen in the prem.

My name of the day is Breel Embolo of Basel. 18 year old Cameroonian who is now a Swiss international. He ticks all the right boxes as a lone Drogbaesque striker. Power, pace, height and a good finish. He got 10 in 30 for Basel last season and looks a real prospect.

Juve are interested in him but may hold fire and wait to see how he develops. A couple of stepping stone years for him in the premiership with us could be just the ticket he needs as opposed to a handful of champions league games he'd get at Basle.

It's ambitious and a gamble but I think he'd fit far better into our system than RvW ever was going to.

While I mention Drogba, how about him for a year? He wants to stay in the premiership doesn't he? He'd guarantee a decent performance and a handful of goals a season even in his later 30s. Could be a decent addition while we try establish ourselves again at this level.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Noone got 1 goal and 1 assist last season despite only a few players in their squad making more appearances than him. I agree, we could have done better last summer and we obviously can now.

I think we can take a bit of a risk on that 4th striker, even if we bag ourselves another RVW I would imagine the other 3 would compensate. Can't say I knew anything about Embolo before I read that. Took a look and he looks good, although they always do on YouTube. I wouldn't say he seems Drogbaesque though, closer to Wellbeck or Berahino.

Don't need Drogba, we have Jerome. Would still be after billions of pounds I'm sure.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top