By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Signings.

Din

Din

Have to say, I'd love us to sign Calvin Phillips from Leeds assuming they don't go up. Seems to be very much in the Trybull mould, and I think we could do with someone else in that position if we go up, as I'm not sure Tettey is quite up to the pace of the Premier League. Plus imagine the uproar it would cause in that part of Yorkshire :D

Matt Ritchie has been told he can leave Newcastle. Not a typical Webber/Farke signing, but even at 29 if we can get him on the cheap and his wages aren't stupid he could be a good signing?

morty

morty

Staff member
I have to admit, the thought of Leeds being our feeder club again, are quite hilarious.

morty

morty

Staff member
:D

OldRobert

OldRobert

Not sure we want him, bit of a diva. Don't think he'd fit with the team spirit.:D

dj161

dj161

well we've been promoted for two days and the potential transfer rumours have started up,

Rotherham centre back Semi Ajayi, and Rennes right back Mehdi Zeffane (who would be a free transfer)

not sure how much truth there are in these if any at all, but with Max Aarons set to be the only right back at the club the Zeffane one looks interesting, Ligue 1 experience and a free transfer, just the sort of deal I can see us going for

N

Number 9

So many City players posting promotion pics and vids on Instagram, Ivo pops up selling furniture.
Is his contract up this summer?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Picture of Ben Godfrey with Rio Ferdinand at his management company plus we’re about to offer Aarons another new contract. I just hope these lads don’t get their heads turned by agents.

morty

morty

Staff member
Picture of Ben Godfrey with Rio Ferdinand at his management company plus we’re about to offer Aarons another new contract. I just hope these lads don’t get their heads turned by agents.
They are both on pretty long contracts anyway, am surprised they are offering Max another one already.

N

Number 9

They are both on pretty long contracts anyway, am surprised they are offering Max another one already.
It was said that several players being offered upgrade on their contracts, not just Max

dj161

dj161

Timm Klose in negotiations with the club over a new deal, I'd much rather we gave him a new contract than we went and spent £4-5m on a new defender, proven at the top level, and is a thorough professional the way he's behaved having lost his place in the side due to injury, sign him up

We are in negotiations with Norwich, I would very much like to continue playing here. But who knows what the future will bring.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Would support a new deal for Klose... He's basically the Zimmermann competition. We probably need a pacier Godfrey competition, that Rotherham player would fit the bill.... Like Godfrey he is good enough with his feet to play centre midfiekd! Plus he replaces the homegrown spot vacated by Hanley if we sell him (which I can see happening to be honest).

Could do with spending the bulk of our budget on competition for Pukki and Buendia + a defensive midfielder rather than having to spend £5m on a new third choice centre back.

dj161

dj161

personally feel we need a couple of full backs, or one that can play both sides ahead of a centre back, I'd like to think we'll stick with Max and Jamal, but they need some competition and cover for their positions

morty

morty

Staff member
Would support a new deal for Klose... He's basically the Zimmermann competition. We probably need a pacier Godfrey competition, that Rotherham player would fit the bill.... Like Godfrey he is good enough with his feet to play centre midfiekd! Plus he replaces the homegrown spot vacated by Hanley if we sell him (which I can see happening to be honest).

Could do with spending the bulk of our budget on competition for Pukki and Buendia + a defensive midfielder rather than having to spend £5m on a new third choice centre back.
Yeah can't see Hanley cutting it, unless he is happy to be just here as a squad player.

morty

morty

Staff member
personally feel we need a couple of full backs, or one that can play both sides ahead of a centre back, I'd like to think we'll stick with Max and Jamal, but they need some competition and cover for their positions
Is Heise a left back or left sided midfielder? Does he even exist?

N

Number 9

Left, played one u23 game buts that's it.
I don't know much about him other than Farke was willing to wait for him for next season. Whether he's a championship player or prem player who knows, let's just say he's had plenty of time to get fit.