By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

OldRobert

OldRobert

I think he could well be the right man, reading that. Knutsen could well have been a direct replacement for Farke, but with zero Premier league experience, maybe not the best choice to keep us up? Lampard may have added a bit of razamatazz perhaps, but I still do not rate his record, and I don't feel he was ever really a "fit" for us.

Let's hope he says yes...
If the interview went as well as reported, he isn't going to say no. :)

N

Number 9

Screenshot_20211113-152420_Google.jpg

Din

Din

So your friend is saying he's not good enough for Villa but he's good enough for us?

Supposedly he impressed them in the interview with his in-depth knowledge of the squad, club ethos and his vision for the future. But didn't Farke have exactly the same qualities? I haven't heard even a single person explain how Smith who has lost five on the trot is an upgrade on Farke who won one and drawn two. In fact, if you look at the squad at his disposal and the number of winnable games, throughout this season so far Smith has done worse than Farke.

If this appointment goes ahead then Webber is an absolute disgrace.

I think that’s quite harsh tbh, don’t get me wrong he wouldn’t have been my first choice but he managed 139 games for Villa, so I don’t think you can base your opinion that he’s not an upgrade on Farke purely on his last 5 games. For the first 3 seasons there he was a massive success, even up until a few games ago he was still doing brilliantly, they were 8th in the league after beating United at Old Trafford at the end of September.

I think it’s worth remembering that Villa aren’t a comparable club to us really. They may be 15th but I don’t view them as a relegation rival. They’re a huge, really ambitious club, who finished 11th last season and were looking to improve on that again this season and assert themselves as a top 10 Premier League club. That’s why just because he was deemed not good enough for Villa (and even then his sacking was deemed harsh) it doesn’t automatically mean he’s not good enough for us, as football clubs we have very different expectations and ambitions.

N

Number 9

Seems like it might be announced soon, Smith & Shakespeare

N

Number 9

“All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts.”

As the man said...

N

Number 9

The Sexy Bennet account on Twitter reckons It's Knutsen.

Though hardly sticking your neck out naming someone who was favourite anyway...
She's deleted her account.
Said 7pm to get everyone looking, then put a joke pic up at 7.
Shortly after deleted her account.

morty

morty

Staff member
She's deleted her account.
Said 7pm to get everyone looking, then put a joke pic up at 7.
Shortly after deleted her account.
I wonder if it is someone at the club, and Webber laid a trap? Caught her red handed, and she now has her P45?

N

Number 9

I wonder if it is someone at the club, and Webber laid a trap? Caught her red handed, and she now has her P45?
I don't know her but there's been some quite public chat on pinkun about her messages, maybe she decided to get out of the public eye before she got any problems.

N

Number 9

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

morty

morty

Staff member
Aside from having 24 months of Shakespeare quotes, I'm hoping we'll see Todd & Billy reaching their potential now with some sensible tactics to keep us in games.
I think if Billy Gilmour doesn't start on Saturday, a lot of people will be disappointed. I still maintain that he could well be a bit of a luxury player, maybe suited to when we are a bit more dominant in games, and also that international football is well below the standard of Premier league (for another example see Adam Idah) so he can't really be judged on it.

A clean slate for all players though, Saturday's lineup should be interesting!

N

Number 9

I think if Billy Gilmour doesn't start on Saturday, a lot of people will be disappointed. I still maintain that he could well be a bit of a luxury player, maybe suited to when we are a bit more dominant in games, and also that international football is well below the standard of Premier league (for another example see Adam Idah) so he can't really be judged on it.

A clean slate for all players though, Saturday's lineup should be interesting!
Yes even Kenny gets in the Scotland team!

I read that Dean had a thorough in depth knowledge of our players which impressed the board.

Also, his Villa team played Southampton last week?
So although many fans wouldn't necessarily expect us to beat them 5-0, I'll be looking closely at the team selection and overall approach to the game.
Wouldn't be very impressed with a loss, a draw and logiical tactics would be a starting point.