By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

G

GJP

Been a fan of Dean Smith for a few years now so I'm glad to see him here.

I would have been happy with Lampard too but I think DS is a good choice for next season if he isn't able to pull off a miracle this season.

N

Number 9

Been a fan of Dean Smith for a few years now so I'm glad to see him here.

I would have been happy with Lampard too but I think DS is a good choice for next season if he isn't able to pull off a miracle this season.
Smith has far more experience in this league, hopefully that'll be in our favour.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

I have been away for a few days without phones or internet so didn't find out about Dean Smith's appointment till yesterday. I was underwhelmed by the news but did some research and net surfing about him, about his teams and reaction from Villa fans to his departure. It made for good reading if you are a Canaries fan.

1. good bloke admired by players, colleagues and fans alike
2. creates teams on a budget which play attractive football
3. good man manager with PL experience including a successful relegation battle
4. good coach with Championship experience including a successful promotion season

Sounds just what we need and a good fit for the Canaries.

I'm in.

morty

morty

Staff member
I have been away for a few days without phones or internet so didn't find out about Dean Smith's appointment till yesterday. I was underwhelmed by the news but did some research and net surfing about him, about his teams and reaction from Villa fans to his departure. It made for good reading if you are a Canaries fan.

1. good bloke admired by players, colleagues and fans alike
2. creates teams on a budget which play attractive football
3. good man manager with PL experience including a successful relegation battle
4. good coach with Championship experience including a successful promotion season

Sounds just what we need and a good fit for the Canaries.

I'm in.
I think most people have gone through a similar process.

I was just reading an article about the high hopes Villa have for Gerrard, but really based on what? Him being a good player in that league, similar to Lampard? Sorry, but it takes more than that, sure he did okay at a lower standard in Scotland, but that does not make him a sure thing by any means.

N

Number 9

I was just reading an article about the high hopes Villa have for Gerrard, but really based on what? Him being a good player in that league, similar to Lampard? Sorry, but it takes more than that, sure he did okay at a lower standard in Scotland, but that does not make him a sure thing by any means.
Gerrard has a good attitude toward managing and winning.
He's happy to learn and set's high targets for himself and the team.
He will go to the top and be a better manager than he was a player.

OldRobert

OldRobert

There's only one or two half decent opponents up there, even Celtic aren't anything like they were. I don't think Lampard is up to the standard yet, Smith probably has the edge atm imo. Villa although moneyed aren't Chelsea.

morty

morty

Staff member
Well I certainly won't be posting there for a while anyway :D

243664298_402358954608864_6682052655241245187_n.jpg

Thomas the Tank Engine

Thomas the Tank Engine

That’s 150 years. I take it maths wasn’t your strong point at school.

G

gerryinromania

Sensible/ sensitive people over there Morty. you seem to be public enemy number one, non stop, despite some strange ones there